hostel/hotel housing benefit

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hostel/hotel housing benefit

    hi there

    quick question on tenancies in hostels/hotel accomodation

    i'm staying in a hostel at the moment and i'd like to stay here on a long term basis

    i have 2 questions
    can i apply for the full housing benefit allowance given that i am on job seekers and that my room is fully self contained?
    will the council charge me council tax? (the hostel pays business rates already, hence why i ask if council tax would be levied on me)

    thanks for any info

  • #2
    Contact your local authority and ask about housing benefits. They will probably send you an application form.

    Ask the hostel manager. I think it depends on whether your accommodation is considered to be self-contained. Take a look at the Valuation Office Agency website.


    • #3
      hi there

      i spoke to the landlord, he says he doesnt know, as he pays business rate

      calle dhte council, the person i spoke to seemed confused, ill call again this week

      yes it is self contained

      any further opinions would be appreciated...


      Latest Activity