Would you say this is fair about leaving contract early.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you say this is fair about leaving contract early.

Only been here about 6 weeks but have had various issues mainly due to Loan payment being late so I had to get hardship payment from uni which means I have paid until this Friday.

I hate being in arrears but I do now have about £200 left from hardship but want to keep this as it may take as much as another 2 months for loan to arrive so dont want to leave LL in lurch. Also an issue I have is house is so tiny that even me with biggest room the only space I have in room is a few inches either side of bed and at the front and am cramped in.

I was thinking of asking LL to leave contract but stay on until another tenant is found or finding another one myself as when I last spoke to LL and they asked about payment they said if I havent paid soon they would evict me as they have plenty of interest in the room and have turned people away, and someone who lives here is wanting to move a friend in but has to wait until January since thats when an international student moves in so said her friend might move in earlier.

I have found a new property where the smallest room is over double the size I have now, and the biggest one is about 4 or 5 times the smallest room so 10 times what I have now, and the rent is £2 a week cheaper and new LL is happy to wait until loan comes in even though I said it would be up to 6 weeks and even asked what contract length did I want, 6 months, to end of uni year etc and even said I could store my stuff there for free for a few weeks if I needed time to get things sorted.

What do you think? I feel guilty wanting to ask current LL about moving out after only 6 weeks but dont want to stay as its so cramped(had I had little belongings it would be perfect)

Also I am weighing up the other possibilties, current LL gives 1 months free rent in the year and weighing this over the £2 a week less than I am paying now would mean at new place even paying to end of year would be about £120 more than I am currently paying for a room around 10 times bigger!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X