How many people can you put on a AST?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people can you put on a AST?

I am letting out a property (3 bed-semi), to 5 tenants unrelated to each other.

As I maybe breaking the new HMO regulations…Could I put them on one single AST?

Many Thanks

Originally posted by Uncle Fester
    I am letting out a property (3 bed-semi), to 5 tenants unrelated to each other.

As I maybe breaking the new HMO regulations…Could I put them on one single AST?

Many Thanks
    Single AST would not change anything.

If you are referring to licensing

Roughly;

People 5 or more,
    +
    Floors 3 or more,
    +
    Households 2 or more.
    =
    Licence

(your local authority can impose additional conditions)

Comment

i was told 5 or more lettable rooms, not sure if this also covers 5 people in 3 bed + 3 storey house or not? what they were saying was that even if the property had 5 bedrooms but was let to only 3 people we would still require a licence. this is in newcastle so it will be different elsewhere.

Comment

The following thread is helpful in defining "household"

HMO's

The simple answer to your question. Well I reckon if it was an A4 size document and the base person had size 8 feet then you could get at least five trained acrobats on an AST
        Vic - wicked landlord
        Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
        Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Originally posted by Worldlife
          Well I reckon if it was an A4 size document and the base person had size 8 feet then you could get at least five trained acrobats on an AST
          There a restriction to the amount of tenants that can have a legal liability on an AST, I cant remember if its 4 or 5.

Comment

Think you are right Energise but I guess you too failed to find the authorative source ........
            Vic - wicked landlord
            Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
            Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X