Terms and Conditions of Use of this Forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Terms and Conditions of Use of this Forum

    The conditions are not easy to find and so I thought it would be helpful to paste them here with a link to the source.

    Terms & Conditions - use of discussion forum

    Using the LandlordZONE discussion forum implies full agreement to these terms and conditions and our privacy policy. If you are not willing to agree and comply fully you should not under any circumstances use the LandlordHELP forum.

    You agree to comply fully with the guidelines outlined on the home page of the discussion forum and to not post or encourage others to post any of the following:

    defamatory, libellous, illegal, threatening, harassing, abusive, obscene or objectionable material
    rumours, unsubstantiated facts or hype either from or based on your own original sources, third party sources or from previously published material
    unauthorised advertising or marketing material or spam
    infringement of another's privacy, confidentiality or intellectual property rights
    flooding the discussion forum, chain letters, computer viruses or any form of malicious software code, pyramid schemes or any other material or activity which may cause problems to us or to other users of the web site or forum
    By submitting your contribution you grant Parkmatic Publications Limited a perpetual, royalty-free, right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute and exercise all copyright. If you do not want to grant these rights, please do not submit your contribution.

    We will only republish posted material in context and will, whenever possible, contact you first, acknowledge and credit you as author, and act at all times with respect and appropriate discretion.

    We will, using all reasonable discretion, remove without notice, alter or totally block information you would post on the forum where we feel we have good reason to do so, including for legal, presentation and space reasons, or when the information is out of date.

    We do not have the time to routinely monitor or screen material on or relating to our web sites and discussion forum and therefore cannot accept liability for the material posted. Contributions made by visitors to the forum are not ours and are not routinely known to us unless they are brought to out attention.

    If we receive what we feel is a reasonable and justifiable complaint about material you post on our discussion forum we will remove the post promptly and may reveal your details to the complainant.

    You warrant that material posted by you is your own original work and does not infringe any copyright or intellectual property rights. Further, you agree to indemnify Parkmatic Publications Limited against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of any of the terms of this notice.

    The Jurisdiction is England & Wales
    Source page Disclaimer - TenantVERIFY
    Vic - wicked landlord
    Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
    Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

    #2
    Originally posted by Worldlife
    The conditions are not easy to find and so I thought it would be helpful to paste them here with a link to the source.



    Source page Disclaimer - TenantVERIFY
    In other words Worldlife you break all the rules. HYPOCRITE!!
    Disclaimer:I have over 30 years experience in housing(both social and private) as an EHO and Building Surveyor.I am also a certified expert witness having spent the last 15years working in housing litigation.The advice I give is from experience in working for various Local Authorities and how the law is interpretated.Housing Law is a minefield and is continually being amended if in any doubt you should consult a solicitor or someone of equal legal standing.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by pms
      In other words Worldlife you break all the rules. HYPOCRITE!!
      This really isn't meant to be offensive, and I hope I don't provoke PMS, but I honestly don't understand the point to his postings. What is he trying to contribute?

      In fact, I'm not really clear why he changed his mind about his declared intention of abandoning this message board.

      Does he feel that anyone should be gaining something of value from his postings?

      Comment


        #4
        Who enforces these terms and conditions? Does someone have the power to ban an individual from the forum? If so....

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Harry
          This really isn't meant to be offensive, and I hope I don't provoke PMS, but I honestly don't understand the point to his postings. What is he trying to contribute?

          In fact, I'm not really clear why he changed his mind about his declared intention of abandoning this message board.

          Does he feel that anyone should be gaining something of value from his postings?
          Harry you are not provoking me in anyway( and what makes you think im a he).I came on this board for one reason and that was to create a balance from what is a very one-sided board.Like everyone else I am entitled to express an opinion but obviously some of them don't go down with some of the self centred bigots on this board.I've been in housing for many years so I have a very broad range of opinions and experience but because many of the posters and senior members on this board are in their own little worlds opinions and advice mean nothing.I hope that has answered your post.
          Disclaimer:I have over 30 years experience in housing(both social and private) as an EHO and Building Surveyor.I am also a certified expert witness having spent the last 15years working in housing litigation.The advice I give is from experience in working for various Local Authorities and how the law is interpretated.Housing Law is a minefield and is continually being amended if in any doubt you should consult a solicitor or someone of equal legal standing.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by pms
            In other words Worldlife you break all the rules. HYPOCRITE!!
            This is a thread intended to help and advise participants concerning the controls (or lack of control) on this board.

            In these circumstances I would not expect such an unprofessional comment to be made by an alleged member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.

            On some forums a thread such as this would be made a "sticky"

            Originally posted by pms
            Harry you are not provoking me in anyway( and what makes you think im a he).I came on this board for one reason and that was to create a balance from what is a very one-sided board.Like everyone else I am entitled to express an opinion but obviously some of them don't go down with some of the self centred bigots on this board.I've been in housing for many years so I have a very broad range of opinions and experience but because many of the posters and senior members on this board are in their own little worlds opinions and advice mean nothing.I hope that has answered your post.
            Firstly I question your statement that this "is a very one-sided board". I have seen excellent posts here advising tenants of the correct action to take when faced with problem landlords. Equally I have seen similar support to landlords in difficulty with tenants.

            Some of that advice has been given by professional lawyers.

            With specialist experience in health education and a member of the relevant professional bodies I deplore your use of the the offensive term "self centred bigots" to describe members of this forum whose views do not coincide with yours.
            Vic - wicked landlord
            Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
            Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Worldlife
              This is a thread intended to help and advise participants concerning the controls (or lack of control) on this board.

              With specialist experience in health education and a member of the relevant professional bodies I deplore your use of the the offensive term "self centred bigots" to describe members of this forum whose views do not coincide with yours.
              And you call yourself a landlord when you bleat out rubbish like that!! Get a life!!
              Disclaimer:I have over 30 years experience in housing(both social and private) as an EHO and Building Surveyor.I am also a certified expert witness having spent the last 15years working in housing litigation.The advice I give is from experience in working for various Local Authorities and how the law is interpretated.Housing Law is a minefield and is continually being amended if in any doubt you should consult a solicitor or someone of equal legal standing.

              Comment


                #8
                For god's sake will you people get a grip and stop poisoning this otherwise informative forum ?

                If you can't say anything politely and respectfuly then just shut up !

                Comment


                  #9
                  Jennifer - I so agree with you. PMS from his ranting posts sounds like the worst of bigots. Anyone who does not bow down before him is taken to task for having an opinion. If he/she is in housing, god help anyone who has to deal with it! This will of course produce another post. Please go away PMS so we can get back to our balanced, generally polite, helpful forum, and not have to read your impolite, unhelpful posts. Who else agrees?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by susan 2
                    Jennifer - I so agree with you. PMS from his ranting posts sounds like the worst of bigots. Anyone who does not bow down before him is taken to task for having an opinion. If he/she is in housing, god help anyone who has to deal with it! This will of course produce another post. Please go away PMS so we can get back to our balanced, generally polite, helpful forum, and not have to read your impolite, unhelpful posts. Who else agrees?
                    Here Here! I certainly do. For somebody who claims to have so many professions under his/her belt, I have never heard such illiterate hogwash before.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Perhaps the easiest course to take will be if you all simply ignore the posts that you do not wish to read or comment upon. In this way, once it has become apparent that deliberate baiting is going to be ignored, it will soon disappear.
                      For the avoidance of doubt, I am not a solicitor nor a specialist. I have simply spent many years in the business and am expressing my opinions. I would urge caution to any individual using these forums as a sole basis for decision without first speaking to a solicitor.

                      Comment

                      Latest Activity

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X