Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Worldlife
    No raw nerve at all Blackkatier........

That's why you were urged in the first place to go directly to the HSE. The fact that you did not do so means that there is no record with the enforcing authority that this landlord has failed to comply with the law.

It could be that the same landlord is somewhat foolishly and negligently failing to meet his legal requirements concerning other properties in his ownership.

Glad to read you have provided carbon monoxide detectors in the property - certainly an added safety feature.

Eric the point I was trying to make in an earlier post is that even the most negligent of landlords might sense doom approaching when forced on an issue concerning failure to provide gas inspections. Failure in this case to report the matter to the relevant authority got this landlord off the hook.
    I take your point! I apologise, yes he does have other properties, he is part of a lettings agency, so i was totally wrong to only think of my daughters safety.

What has happened to the Forum? seems to have been highjacked by loonies at the moment (of any colour)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackkatier
      I take your point! I apologise, yes he does have other properties, he is part of a lettings agency, so i was totally wrong to only think of my daughters safety.

What has happened to the Forum? seems to have been highjacked by loonies at the moment (of any colour)
      No you are not wrong at all to give absolute priority to the safety of your own daughter.... no need to apologise. We don't know how promptly the HSE respond to such complaints and it may well be that your action achieved faster immediate results for your family.
      Vic - wicked landlord
      Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
      Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X