• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would substitute
    "the judge would not make a possession order." with
    "the judge might not make a possession order."

the judge might well though

She did for me, and the defendant never even turned up!

She was well-impressed with the newspaper photo trick as proof of service that some have suggested here. "I see...... belt and braces, is it?" said she...

Comment

Originally posted by havensRus View Post
      If T is still more than 2 months in arrears on day of hearing
      Read that as "If T still owes more than 2 months' rent on day of hearing..."
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        Read that as "If T still owes more than 2 months' rent on day of hearing..."
        thanks jeffrey, i really ought to compose my sentences more clearly....

Comment

Filling in a Section 21

Hello

I have issued a section 21 and did not put a date in the expiry box. The notice given was 3 months prior to the end of the 6 month AST.

Could anybody tell me if this is correct as it states the "Where the fixed term 2 months notice ends outside the fixed term an expiry date should be stated".

Many thanks

Comment

On the face of it, you should be OK; your Notice's expiry date coincided with (and was not outside) the fixed term expiry date.
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Possession order granted, house now empyt

Hi all again.
              I've searched the forum and can't find an answer.
              I have been given a possession order and a date of possession for next week.
              The AST ends 2 days before this date.
              The house is empty and looks empty through the windows. The tenant has not told me they have left although the neighbours saw the removal vans last week.
              When can I let myself into the property?

Comment

you would need the tenant to sign a surrender of tenancy and hand the keys back to you or if not wait until the possession date and then apply for bailiff.be very careful as tenant can still come back until then.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeky-m View Post
                  Hi all again.
                  I've searched the forum and can't find an answer.
                  I have been given a possession order and a date of possession for next week.
                  The AST ends 2 days before this date.
                  The house is empty and looks empty through the windows. The tenant has not told me they have left although the neighbours saw the removal vans last week.
                  When can I let myself into the property?
                  It is probably less stressful just to wait until the date of possession, unless you have anything in writing from tenants to confirm they have moved out, or they have returned keys.

Otherwise it would be sod's law that they would turn up again and claim illegal evciiton.

Fot the sake of two days, it's hardly worth it.
                  'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Seven separate threads by same member have been merged here. Do not cause problems by starting continuation threads; use the same one.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X