Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bazbo
    replied
    My tenants deposit was with the DPS, and to prove it was protected all I did was navigate on the website to the page that gives the details about the deposit - date protected, protection status etc etc, and print out a copy of this page which was then sent to the court along with the section 21 and accelerated possession application. This was sufficient to get the possession order.

B.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel77
    replied
    thanks

Thank you , I was hoping that was the answer but I did read in earlier thread that a Landlady was not granted possesion as the Ts defense stated they hadn't received confirmation of deposit and L didn't bring certificate to prove herself as having honourable intentions as landlady and it was said that she had to return to court at later date to prove that her intentions were "better" than tenants in terms of tenants owing rent vs landlady owing deposit. Sounds incredible but you better be sure I guess.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• SALL
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel77 View Post
    May have to take Ts to court over owed rent and was reading previous posts that mentioned you have to bring proof of deposit protection to show tenants have received their info.

My question is, I use the Deposit Protection Service online where I input tenants details, submit moneys online and then they email or post the tenants directly so I can't possibly prove they have received confirmation or not, however, I do of course supply tenants with the mandatory T&C of the scheme along with the contract on signing and receiving their deposit money. So to clarify, this scheme doesn't provide cerificates as such and all I could provide in support would be the payment confirmation email I receive when moneys have been received at the scheme.

Does anybody use the scheme and come across issues like this, or does anybody know if this confirmation would be enough?
    What the scheme sends the tenants is not your concern and you do not need to do anything in regards to that.

You need to give tenant prescribed information and the scheme T&Cs. Make two copies of the information and you can get tenant to sign both copies and keep one as proof.

Most schemes have prescribed information templates on their site, which you can use.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel77
    started a topic depostit protection certificate?

depostit protection certificate?

May have to take Ts to court over owed rent and was reading previous posts that mentioned you have to bring proof of deposit protection to show tenants have received their info.

My question is, I use the Deposit Protection Service online where I input tenants details, submit moneys online and then they email or post the tenants directly so I can't possibly prove they have received confirmation or not, however, I do of course supply tenants with the mandatory T&C of the scheme along with the contract on signing and receiving their deposit money. So to clarify, this scheme doesn't provide cerificates as such and all I could provide in support would be the payment confirmation email I receive when moneys have been received at the scheme.

Does anybody use the scheme and come across issues like this, or does anybody know if this confirmation would be enough?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X