Property-maintenance scheme @ £12p.m.- comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    The outside is all covered also. The only thing we cant do internally at this moment in time is locks but would like to include it somewhere down the line if possible then we would be complete.

I would like to once again thank you for your time in replying . Some of the comments have really helped and I will continue to tweak . I am allready thinking of changing the cleanout process to something like carpets cleaned cooker fridge bathroom etc then offer a set fee on top for removal of tennants belongings. I will also endeaver to come up with a soloution where by I can keep the landlord in the loop but also guarantee I get the bulk of the work that needs done boilers water repairs etc etc.

Thanks once agin your comments have been invaluable

Comment

Originally posted by daviezone View Post
      Hi
      The outside is all covered also. The only thing we cant do internally at this moment in time is locks but would like to include it somewhere down the line if possible then we would be complete.

I would like to once again thank you for your time in replying . Some of the comments have really helped and I will continue to tweak . I am allready thinking of changing the cleanout process to something like carpets cleaned cooker fridge bathroom etc then offer a set fee on top for removal of tennants belongings. I will also endeaver to come up with a soloution where by I can keep the landlord in the loop but also guarantee I get the bulk of the work that needs done boilers water repairs etc etc.

Thanks once agin your comments have been invaluable
      If LL has paid for package and has not used it then he will call you in the first instance to get his monies worth (for sure !!) it is up to you to get these first callouts 100% spot on and inspire confidence and val 4 money ...this in turn will/should have an exponentially positive knock on effect on client uptake!

With that package you will automatically become first port of call, once rapport established and, assuming val for money ..i seriously dont think you will have any worries about a lack of work ! ...quite the opposite methinks !
      Once you have worked on a boiler and LL knows you are familiar with "that boiler" he will have your tel no tattooed onto his eyelids !
      Good on yer Dave ...nice too see some positivity on here, i wish you every success, keep us posted on developments.
      A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
      W.Churchill

Comment

Many landlords (including me) would not want tenants calling up contractors without their knowledge. There are too many people who cry wolf. Others may want to hide damage they have caused.

Worse still (in my opinion) there is a significant number of tenants who do not report problems at all. Landlords find out at tenant departure.

I want to stay in control at all times, not only of my property but what contractors do in it. It would be no good to me you cleaning away evidence if I want to sue.

Maybe your service would be most useful to landlords who do not live close to their properties or those who have too many to manage without assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
          Many landlords (including me) would not want tenants calling up contractors without their knowledge. There are too many people who cry wolf. Others may want to hide damage they have caused.

Worse still (in my opinion) there is a significant number of tenants who do not report problems at all. Landlords find out at tenant departure.

I want to stay in control at all times, not only of my property but what contractors do in it. It would be no good to me you cleaning away evidence if I want to sue.

Maybe your service would be most useful to landlords who do not live close to their properties or those who have many properties.
          Or those, as Poppy (&I) have pointed out : who remain in control.

(I think there is a trend developing here - Take note!)
          A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
          W.Churchill

Comment

Points noted
            I think the keyring scheme will almost undoubtedly have to be an optional extra, for people who have too many or cant deal with the agrivation, which was my intention to relive some of the headache phonecalls but I see exactly where you are coming from, and will have to just justify myself to the landlord that my number is the only one they will need for their maintenace issues, through good communication, quick response times and good standard of workmanship at a fair price.
            Keep the comments coming if you will I invite anyone who has not allready commented to have their tuppence worth and will shape my scheme to suit the customer ( allways a good idea me thinks )

Thanks again guys

Comment

Hi Daviezone and of course all others.

I have just bought into a property maintenance / cleaning company myself and we intend to do something very similar in the Cardiff & Vale areas (note to Rodent!!! haha)
              We will carry out all minor repairs to the property where Landlords would only pay for materials, cleaning of course can / should be claimed from a tenants bond but where tenants vacate improperly then these cleans / clears / gardening will be included in the price. We are looking to pitch our price around the £15 a month level for this. HMO's would need to be priced differently as we would like to carry out a monthly clean of communal areas within the cost. This would be advantageous to Landlords because whilst we are in the property we would also be monitoring it's condition regularly.

Of course ALL works would be run by the Landlord BEFORE any works were undertaken. Landlords would instruct us rather than tenants as previously noted Tenants would be on the phone all the time!!

We are also commencing a separate maintenance program that would cover all boilers (plus radiators), plumbing & drainage (to the mains) and guttering.
              All for the princely sum of £17.50 a month. This covers all parts and labour, and annual Gas Safety certificate. We are trying to tag on minor electrical work also in this but this is with solicitors at the moment and needs to be finalised.
              Ambition is Critical

I don't profess to be a knowledge in all areas, my advice is based on life experience.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Rent a Room scheme
                by theartfullodger
                a) so the mobile home does not provide the (very) basic facilities that any tenant or judge would expect for a dwelling....
                b) Agree with jpk: Should it get to court (which is when the issue matters..) can;t see any judge deciding it's anything but a tenancy & you the landlord er... not at...
                24-01-2022, 16:26 PM
              • Rent a Room scheme
                by lgr001
                I have a mobile home next to my property. Do I qualify for the rent a room scheme if I rent out the mobile home but the occupant must use the shower and washing facilities in my house i.e. so that the mobile home is not a separate unit of accommodation? There is a provision by the council that it...
                24-01-2022, 14:25 PM
              • Reply to Tenant in situ
                by jpkeates
                It's almost impossible to reset the tenancy with a new agreement.
                The buyer will inherit the previous tenancy at the same point that they're able to let the property on the new agreement, so any new tenancy is going to be a follow on tenancy.
                So things that need to be done at the very start...
                24-01-2022, 14:57 PM
              • Tenant in situ
                by Bridge2020
                I’m looking at buying another property to rent out. The one I’m looking at has a tenant in situ. I have seen a copy of the AST and payments to the agents.
                Anyone have any experience of this please ?...
                20-01-2022, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to Rent a Room scheme
                by jpkeates
                You're really going to struggle with that not being a tenancy.
                If the tenant can lock the door to exclude you, and they could wash in a sink, that's likely to be a dwelling house.
                24-01-2022, 14:52 PM
              • Reply to Regulated Tenancy
                by AVJ113
                Yep, that's exactly what has happened....
                24-01-2022, 14:12 PM
              • Regulated Tenancy
                by AVJ113
                I have a basic understanding of regulated tenancy. I'm looking to buy a property with a tenant in situ on a regulated tenancy. In the real world, what are the pros and cons? Is there anyone with any experience?
                24-01-2022, 13:38 PM
                by DoricPixie
                How basic is your understanding?

From your other thread you are seeing a broker about a BTL mortgage. I think you will struggle to secure a BTL mortgage against a property with a Regulated Tenancy in place....
                24-01-2022, 14:05 PM
                by jpucng62
                Unless it is REALLY cheap - don't!

I inherited a property with a regulated tenant. The rent can only go up once every 2 years, by a specified amount, although more often if you improve the property, but it will always be cheap.

Most tenants have been in a very long time and...
                24-01-2022, 13:58 PM
              • Reply to Tenant in situ
                by Interlaken
                Agree with above but if the property is in poor condition and the tenant elderly (or could be child of tenant who may be middle aged) then steer clear. I would definitely speak with the tenant.
                24-01-2022, 13:30 PM
              Working...
              X