Part of bond not returned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of bond not returned

Hello everyone. Here is my story. When I moved out of the flat I rented (3d Nov) the manager of the property paid me a visit and said that the flat was ok in condition. He said he would post a cheque to my new address.I stayed at some friends until the 25th of Nov and then I left the Uk. Before that I called him twice and asked him about the bond and he told me not to worry. Just before I left I called him and gave him my bank account so he could deposit the money. Being outside of the uk i couldnt check the balance of my account until recently when i started web banking and then I realised he had deposited only 365 out of 500 pounds. I called him and he said "it looks like the room wasn't found in the best condition." I know some devices didn't work (like a heating unit) but that's the way I found it when I came. Otherwise the flat was in good condition. Anyway I asked for a detailed file of the damages sent to me, but he doesn't seem trustworthy."
    What do you think I should do in case I don't hear from him?

Do you have his address? Sounds to me as if he is taking advantage because you left the country. Did you sign a fully detailed inventory at the commencement of the tenancy? And he legally must supply you with all receipts for any work/items charged for.
    Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Tenant's energy debt.
      Gordonmrln
      I am a landlord of a 2 bed end terrace, the property is owned out right. I am registered Disabled and this was the main reason I decided to rent my property out. As it was not a suitable property for my Disability. I would have to make some major changes that would devalue my property like installing...
      20-07-2017, 22:08 PM
    • Reply to Tenant's energy debt.
      leaseholder64
      I wasn't aware that the identity of council tax payers was a public record. You might be able to get a statement that it wasn't you. without breaching the Data Protection Act.
      23-07-2017, 23:27 PM
    • Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
      JP23
      Why must we continuously renew our deposit with the scheme each time we re-sign our AST i.e. every 12 months?

Why can the deposit not remain protected throughout the duration of the overall tenant occupation?

Is our landlord acting in questionable faith by asking us to pay...
      23-07-2017, 04:18 AM
    • Reply to Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
      jjlandlord
      I'd hope so! They run a business after all....
      23-07-2017, 22:32 PM
    • Reply to Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
      KTC
      The main problem I have for the charge being passed on is that often times (esp. through agents) the charge is actually considerably more than the protection fee they pay the schemes. It's been used as another way for agents (or landlords) to make money.
      23-07-2017, 22:29 PM
    • Reply to Tenant's energy debt.
      Wright76
      Your still confusing your own council tax liability at your current address with that of the rental property.

If no-one was registered as living there then you would have been billed as landlord. The fact that you haven't been indicates that they are aware of who was tenant. ASK THEM FOR...
      23-07-2017, 22:18 PM
      Wright76
      To be fair lvkn yes the rent covers everything you state, but the 48 pound charge Is your choice and is avoidable.

You choose to use an insurance based scheme and hold the tenants money collecting interest. How is it fair to force that charge on your tenant each time?

With...
      23-07-2017, 22:06 PM
      Lvkn
      Hello
      i am a landlord and have insurance based deposit protection (I hold the deposit in segregated client account and register it with My Deposits) every time a new contract is drawn up we have to pay £48. If a tenancy is renewed, we pay £48. If someone moves out of one of our multiple tenant...
      23-07-2017, 20:27 PM
    • Excessive estate agent fees
      Cml241
      I have a property which I started renting out via an agency. When the contract started, they found new tenants, did the relevant checks etc and charged an upfront fee which equates to approx one month's rent. As one year has almost passed, the agent has approached me asking if I want them to 'renegotiate'...
      21-07-2017, 16:26 PM
    • Reply to Excessive estate agent fees
      Wright76
      If you have no ongoing contract with the agent and it was "find" only, they have no right to force you into a new AST.

Depending on the terms of your contract there's nothing to prevent you, if your feeling confident, in renewing the contract yourself and taking over.
      23-07-2017, 19:11 PM
    Working...
    X