Non-payment of final month's rent; can L demand it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-payment of final month's rent; can L demand it?

My tenant has not paid their final month's rent and is not responding to my attempts to contact them about his by email and mobile. When, over a month ago, they gave me two month's notice that they wanted to end the tenancy, they mentioned they were planning to move the America in September.

If they do not pay the outstanding rent before the end of their tenancy, and they leave the country, what are my options to claim the outstanding rental?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Help - evicted tenant leaves a nasty surprise behind
    by jpkeates
    Try and change suppliers.
    The outgoing supplier will do everything that they can to prevent this (the automated routes won't work), but they'll have to do it eventually.
    30-07-2021, 11:12 AM
  • Help - evicted tenant leaves a nasty surprise behind
    by nreid
    My tenant was evicted back in April of this year after a lengthy period.
    Besides this trauma, the problems continue.

My new agent has emptied the letterbox and found a number of concerning items. One is the matter of a court summons for unpaid council tax. I have since taken over...
    29-07-2021, 20:21 PM
  • Reply to solicitors fees
    by doobrey
    It sounds like it. But as above ask for a breakdown of fees first and take it from there.

There is a Solicitors Regulation Authority. It has a Code of Conduct....
    30-07-2021, 11:10 AM
  • solicitors fees
    by rob1648
    Hi all , finally managed to get my tenant evicted after 18 months of hell using high court bailiffs , house now sold so happy days, we tried initially to do the section 21ourselves but made mistakes which citizens advice happily pointed out to our tenant so we decided to use a solicitor to act for us...
    29-07-2021, 15:19 PM
  • Reply to Help! Sub tenant with no contract eviction rights
    by jpkeates
    Assuming that you are a tenant (there's a good checker on the Shelter website - which might be useful to point your landlord at)..

There are a number of ways a tenancy can be brought to an end, but for a landlord to end the tenancy, there are only two options (other than by agreement with...
    30-07-2021, 11:10 AM
  • Help! Sub tenant with no contract eviction rights
    by Yasmenaax
    Hi there,

I moved into a property 2-3 months ago which was subletted to me by a girl named on the main tenancy contract of the property. I handed over a deposit (which is currently unprotected) and have paid rent on time. She today decided to give me notice to leave, giving me only 2 weeks...
    29-07-2021, 02:19 AM
    by Piffy
    We had a very high solicitors charge but my partner noticed in their terms & conditions that they had put that if their charges were going to go over £5000 they would contact us first, which they had not done, so the bill was reduced to £5000 plus Vat at £1000.
    And I believe that there...
    30-07-2021, 11:06 AM
    by Hudson01
    We all understand that they are not known for their charitable nature...... but 9k !!!! As has been said, ask for a detailed breakdown of exactly how they have spent a weeks worth of time (avrg 48hr week) to deal with this simple (non contested) S21....... Wow
    30-07-2021, 11:00 AM
    by Section20z
    It's not just the hours don't forget, it takes six years training to learn how to inflate fees like that...
    30-07-2021, 10:45 AM
  • Reply to Help! Sub tenant with no contract eviction rights
    by Yasmenaax
    Appreciate the clarification, I did do a lot of digging around after you first mentioned exclusive occupation into the laws regarding this so I definitely understand your point there now. And as far as I can tell from that, my being here should constitute the requirements of a (sub)tenancy.
    30-07-2021, 10:35 AM
Working...
X