What agreement

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What agreement

    Hiya! I'm new to the forum and new to the whole landlord-ing thing so please excuse me if my questions seem a bit silly!

    My Father owns the flat where I am a tenant. I would like to rent out a room to someone, but I am not sure which agreement I am to use (eg. Assured shorthold tenancy agreement, flat share agreement). Could anyone please advise me as to which agreement would be the right one to use? Thank you in advance!

  • #2
    Why bother with an agreement? The tenant will be a lodger and thus have no legal rights. Your only responsibilities are to your father and Gordon Brown.


    • #3
      Are you sure Woofy? The owner of the property would not be living in the property.....does this not become a case of subletting? Rather than a lodger? This question has come up before, but I do not remember the answer!
      Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.


      Latest Activity