Am I a tenant or a lodger? Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youatemymonkey View Post
    i know shes lashing out recently due to a financial breakup with her boyfriend.. who bought the cat too. so perhaps this is another reason why its not being cared for correctly??
    I would be interested to know how a breakup with a boyfriend can only be 'finanical'!

About the cat : either offer to care for it your self (if you know how and like cats), or contact the RSPCA. They make take it into care or educate her as to how to care for it correctly. If it is being geuinely neglected, you cannot just let that happen.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

i didnt mean financial litterly.. he used to contribute to bills and the sort.
      he then left. and its left her in some financial difficulties i believe...

well i havent sat back and let the cat be neglected.. ive started feeding him when no ones around.. so at least in my own eyes i know hes being fed.

Comment

I think whether you are a tenant or not is immaterial here unless you are being threatened with eviction

Basically, she is in control, but you pay rent and she needs you to be happy so that you will stick around.

You have three options:

1)Put up, but insist she signs a rent book before you part with the cash...you can make one yourself. you need to protect yourself because they may say you are in arrears later .
        2)Look to move out
        3)Say you are looking to move out unless the cat , TV, rent receipts or whatever are rectified. But say it in a nice way, or she will become defensive and you wont get anywhere. If she says yes, ask her when it will happen so you can hold her to it.
        All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

I'm baffled as to why you feel you have to feed this poor cat secretly. Why don't you just offer to help look after the cat, get a cat flap put in and house-train the beggar yourself?

If you want to carry on living there you are going to have to make this relationship work! Shouldering some of the responsibility for domestic chores may help convince her you are worth the hassle.

(And no, I don't mean your relationship with the cat, although I suppose it would be nice if his feelings were taken into account, too).
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X