Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contacting tenant/s21...

Hi,
    My tenant has been issued a S21 stating that he needs to leave the property on or before the end of the current contract end date (coming up soon!)
    I have heard nothing, that is not the issue, obviously!
    I have started a contract with a new letting agency to work on my behalf to find a new tenant, however they have tried the contact number for the tenant to request co-operation with viewings, but it is not in use anymore. Should I have been given a new contact for him? I was not using an agency for this current tenant.
    The tenant is still paying and present at property.
    I am a little concerned since the tenant has changed the locks and written to me threatening me with harassment if I contact him.
    What should be my next move?
    What if the tenant does not vacate?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by landladysmith View Post
    Hi,
    My tenant has been issued a S21 stating that he needs to leave the property on or before the end of the current contract end date (coming up soon!)
    I have heard nothing, that is not the issue, obviously!
    I have started a contract with a new letting agency to work on my behalf to find a new tenant, however they have tried the contact number for the tenant to request co-operation with viewings, but it is not in use anymore. Should I have been given a new contact for him? I was not using an agency for this current tenant.
    The tenant is still paying and present at property.
    I am a little concerned since the tenant has changed the locks and written to me threatening me with harassment if I contact him.
    What should be my next move?
    What if the tenant does not vacate?
    Thanks!
    Even if you have a clause in the TA which says T must allow you access for viewings, you can only enforce this by getting a court order. This will take ages, and I would not bother. You will have to resign yourself to waiting until T has vacated before showing prospective new Ts around. T is obviously not keen for you to have access and he is within his rights to change the locks as long as he changes them back at his own expense at the end of the tenancy.

Rather than risk being sued for harassment, I would just concentrate on regaining possession of your poperty throught the usual legal process - i.e. applying for a court order for possession if he does not move out when s21 expires, then instructing bailiffs if need be.

Do you have any idea why he has felt it necessary to change the locks?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

no, when property was inspected and locks and new 'added security' noticed, I was told it was because I had been in the property. No foundation for this claim. Am hoping they'll be changed back but irreparable damage done to rear door, so guess that's what the deposit is for.
      SO I wait til the end date, then look to evict? Hmmm...just what we need!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X