Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit checks - can the Landlord view the results

Hi all

Once my Letting Agent has finished checking a potential tenant via a typical credit / referencing company, am I as the Landlord legally allowed to see the results of these checks?

It would certainly make it easier to accept or decline the potential tenant if I could see the results of these checks for myself.

Many Thanks

Originally posted by landlordsean View Post
    Hi all

Once my Letting Agent has finished checking a potential tenant via a typical credit / referencing company, am I as the Landlord legally allowed to see the results of these checks?

It would certainly make it easier to accept or decline the potential tenant if I could see the results of these checks for myself.

Many Thanks
    Yeah you can. The agent is working for you, what he/she finds is yours to inspect.

Comment

Manythanks SALL for your prompt response

Comment

We are having checks done on us at the moment for a house we are wanting to rent and i know that they have discussed my fiance credit check with the landlord. I think its only fair to do this, as its the landlords property and the landlords rent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoegirl View Post
          We are having checks done on us at the moment for a house we are wanting to rent and i know that they have discussed my fiance* credit check with the landlord. I think its only fair to do this, as its the landlords property and the landlords rent.
          *- Is that:
          a. the credit of your fiancé; or
          b. your own finance credit?
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
            *- Is that:
            a. the credit of your fiancé; or
            b. your own finance credit?
            my finances credit

Comment

Originally posted by Shoegirl View Post
              my finances credit
              (Sigh) Your own finances, then, not his?
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                (Sigh) Your own finances, then, not his?
                Sorry i mispelt it, i meant my fiance credit.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X