X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailiffs and Evictions

Some guidance on the eviction process

http://www.coffinmew.co.uk/sochousin...ts%20guide.htm

this answers a number of questions that have been posed recently.

Great Link DJB .. however .. it says a locksmith MUST be in attendance...? We have never used a locksmith as the only evictions we have had to carry through the relevant property manager has been able to change the locks... ( Don't you just love multi skilled workers )

I know this is a minor point .. but could a bailiff refuse to let you for example break in if the place was empty but no keys had been returned?

Oh and the 7 day thing is good! We gave an ex tenant of ours 14 days.. on day 15 he called and I told him where to get off.. (politely of course!) He told us he was going to sue! But the note in the window clearly said 14 days and he only moved 2 doors away and had been seen in the garden etc within that time!!!.. Needless to say he has never sued!
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

I can be a "locksmith" using a large jemmy or a police style enforcer - if you get my drift - it does not have to be a qualified locksmith - but if you have got double glazed doors that are not so easy to force, then the locksmith is the easy option to get in by picking the lock.

I cannot see why a bailiff should prevent the landlord from forcing entry if the property is vacant but no keys have been returned. The warrant has to be concluded one way or the other, persons present in the property or not.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Accelerated possession possible with section 8?
        by hazedunks
        Hey guys just wanted to check if there are no rent arrears and i simply want to recover the property back is it possible to use an accelerated possession order or does it have to be a standard possession with particular of claims form? Thanks.
        21-11-2019, 00:06 AM
      • Reply to Unilateral Break Clause
        by leaseholder64
        If this is verbatim, it is atrociously drafted. You don't, for example, receive a break clause. I'm still trying to work out how to interpret the smoking clause. I think this would have to go to court before one could say for certain what it means.
        20-11-2019, 23:40 PM
      • Unilateral Break Clause
        by PadHicks
        Hiya, I'm not good at this kind of thing.

I moved​ ​​into a flat in London two weeks ago with a verbal agreement that the other T would not be smoking indoors, at the viewing. This is a joint contract.

The contract says: "Smoking inside the property is not permitted...
        20-11-2019, 23:27 PM
      • Reply to Online Letting Agents
        by royw
        I've used openrent too and been happy with the service though it's been a couple of years since I needed a new tenant.
        20-11-2019, 22:28 PM
      • Online Letting Agents
        by kathekas
        Based on recommendations on this site we used uPad and we had what we thought was excellent service - sadly they have closed.

What are the members current recommendations for online letting agents?

Many thanks
        20-11-2019, 08:26 AM
      • Reply to Advise when buying a property
        by jpkeates
        Don't commit to anything until you have a proper evaluation of "leakages".
        You can negotiate at any point up to exchange of contracts - after that is possible but can be costly.

As for fraud, yes, don't use email to do anything involving money.
        Ideally your solicitor...
        20-11-2019, 17:56 PM
      • Advise when buying a property
        by alejandrog89
        Hi,

We have made an offer to a property in London and we are waiting for the mortgage to come through. However, offer has been accepted and process started. We heard the flat has some leakages so we are asking access to view the property with a plumber so he can tell the work that is needed....
        20-11-2019, 17:26 PM
      • Reply to Possession of Property advice
        by DPT57
        Have they said anything about why they're not paying the rent?...
        20-11-2019, 17:55 PM
      • Possession of Property advice
        by mirfie
        Hi, I am currently going through the process of evicting my tenants in a property via for not paying the rent. I'm in the early stages, and will in due course be serving a s.8 notice, but have a question. The rent is paid by the one of the tenants grandparents monthly and from what I understand, the...
        20-11-2019, 11:50 AM
      • Reply to Advise when buying a property
        by Flashback1966
        Is the leak from the flat above? In which case, that would be access to someone else's property. You don't have a right of entry. Or is it a leak from the roof, in which case, it is a shared building costs (so all the neighbours needs to pay for repairs).

If it is a water pipe leak, it...
        20-11-2019, 17:54 PM
      Working...
      X