Worried about homelet checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemisslettings View Post
    That should may it a bit quicker, but if you are not employed then you will definately need a financial guarantor (i read before that you are taking exams - are you a student? If so, your agent should have given you a Homelet Student Application form which includes a guarantor form in the first place and speeds up the process a tiny bit). The guarantor will have to go through pretty much the same referencing procedure, so it is going to be a little while longer before you know 100% whether the landlord will accept the tenancy and you can have the house.

FYI homelet update the information they receive (ie references etc) approx every 4 hours. If you are unemployed and your agent is your current landlord, then they should have your homelet references complete by now (but not your partners).
    Thankyou for your help, i filled a normal application form in as i am a student but also have a disablity so have other income. I got a guarantor form from them which my dad filled in, incase they did need a guarantor as at the time of filling the application form in they weren't sure if i would need one or not and said they would let me know if they were going to reference me. I think that they must be referencing me as they have not said other wise.

When i told them that my dad had filled it the guarantor from, they said that i wouldn't need one as my fiance income is enough.

I phoned homelet yesterday to see if i could see what was happening with my application and they tried to find me with my name as i didn't have a reference number but they said they couldn't find my application.

They must have my fiance as they got in touch with his employer and he recieved and email from them too.

When i spoke to the letting agents to see if i could get a reference number, they had a look and said that normally they get an interim report back when they send the application off but hadn't recieved one so didn't have a reference number. They said they would speak to homelet, but have not heard from the letting agents, this was yesterday.

Don't know if this is all normal.

Comment

Sounds relatively normal. Homelet can be a bit slow at times, as can letting agents.

If the agents are fully referencing you then Homelet will insist that any student of benefit applicants have a guarantor. It might be though that they are just carrying out a credit check on yourself and fully referencing your fiance for the full rent amount, however, with his credit history which you have indicated earlier, chances are he is going to need a guarantor too as although his income may be high enough, his credit rating may be low.

Comment

Sounds relatively normal. Homelet can be a bit slow at times, as can letting agents.

If the agents are fully referencing you then Homelet will insist that any student of benefit applicants have a guarantor. It might be though that they are just carrying out a credit check on yourself and fully referencing your fiance for the full rent amount, however, with his credit history which you have indicated earlier, chances are he is going to need a guarantor too as although his income may be high enough, his credit rating may be low.
        Hi thankyou very much for your help.

We have heard back from the letting agents today after chasing them up. I need a guarantor and so does my fiance. He has sent the form to his mum which she has recieved today and are hoping that she will be a guarantor for him. If she agrees to it, my fiance is going to take my form in tomorrow as he will need to wait for his mum to post the form back for him.

They said that my reference has not come back yet and when they spoke to my fiance they said it had partly come back.

Will the guarantor ones be quicker as both the guarantors are retired and own their own homes?

The landlord has said he is happy as long as we have guarantors.

Comment

Again, there is no set time for how long the guarantor forms will take to reference. The more information, and supportnig documentation the guarantors can provide to proove their income the quicker it will be, esp in the case of private pensions, independent means or a combination of incomes. The homelet forms should indicate what they need to provide, so make sure they are read carefully & filled out correctly. Call Homelet if your guarantors are unsure of anything

Comment

Again, there is no set time for how long the guarantor forms will take to reference. The more information, and supportnig documentation the guarantors can provide to proove their income the quicker it will be, esp in the case of private pensions, independent means or a combination of incomes. The homelet forms should indicate what they need to provide, so make sure they are read carefully & filled out correctly. Call Homelet if your guarantors are unsure of anything
            Thankyou very much for your help. Does the documentation need to be an orginal or can it be photo copied.

Comment

i think it can be photocopied becasue it will only be scanned/faxed to homelet anyway, but again double check with your agent or homelet as homelet may require that your agent has seen an original copy of any documents.

Comment

i think it can be photocopied becasue it will only be scanned/faxed to homelet anyway, but again double check with your agent or homelet as homelet may require that your agent has seen an original copy of any documents.
                Hi thankyou for your help, am very grateful. I phoned the letting agents and they said they need the actual documents. Now hoping that my fiance mum will be his gaurantor.

Comment

We are still waiting to hear if my fiance mum will be a gauantor for him. Don't know what we will do if she says no. The letting agents are waiting to speak to the landlord to disucss the application again. Don't know why.

Comment

Im getting really fed up now. My fiance still hasn't heard back from his mum. Im getting to the point where i have had enough its been on going now for two weeks tomorrow. If his mum won't be a gaurantor for him then i don't know what will happen.

Comment

do you both require guarantors? If they are only asking for a guarantor for your fiance, could you father do this?

Comment

do you both require guarantors? If they are only asking for a guarantor for your fiance, could you father do this?
                        We both need one, my fathers income wouldn't cover my fiance as well. Now getting worried as the letting agents have put the to let sign up outside the house and i think it will go on the website on monday as thats when they update it and what happens if someone like this house and applys for it and the other house falls through. I know that the landlord needs to find someone else for this house if we move out which is fair enough. It seems that in me and my fiance its only me that is worried.

Comment

Good news

My fiance mum has posted the gaurantor form back to us today, so thats really good news.

Comment

Went to the letting agents yesterday to take ther gaurantor forms. Was told that they were still waiting for the landord to get back to them to discuss the application again since they spoke to my fiance on thursday. I was told that my reference had come back ok. So not sure if i need a gaurantor or not. We were told that they would get the person who is dealing with it to phone me on monday morning to let us know what is happening.

Problem with the letting agents is that i get told they will phone me and then they do, this has happned numerous times now.

So now confused.

Comment

You sound a bit anxious.
                              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I am, its been ongoing now for just over two weeks and in that time we have had to chase them up most of the time. It has been stressful.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X