Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with final rent payment

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice.
    I'm renting out a student house with three other people, the tenancy is due to end the beginning of July. The house is an absolute joke, there is damp everywhere which has led to mold growing in the bathroom, and appliances such as washing machine and fridge keep breaking.
    The last rent installment was paid in April, although I paid him £70 short of what I owed due to a dry cleaning bill (L/L fault as he painted the front door black and failed to tell anyone) and a £40 food bill...Id been shopping and had to bin everything as the fridge packed in the next day. He is now saying I owe him £95, (apparently £20 was from a previous rent installment which he neglected to tell me at the time. I've explained to him why the rent was what it was and he said he will pay the cleaning bill but I have to pay the £70. I dont have that money spare as I'm due to go travelling in a month and have little money as it is. The most I could spare is £30. Would he be able to take legal action against me for the remainding '£40'??? I'd be willing to move out 2 weeks earlier to make up for it (rent is £50 a month)

Any help would be great!!!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X