Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care of Address and Mystery Address

Hi,

My landlord has provided me with a Care Of address and also an address to which legal notices can be sent. I have searched for the address for serving notices (it's a business). The company appears to exist however the addresses do not correspond. Where should I send correspondence to??

Do you mean the company does not occupy the address given?

Comment

It's very often the case that a limited company's everyday business address is different to their registered address (often their accountant's address). I would send to the address given for serving notices if that is what is stated. Follow up with an email asking for acknowledgment of receipt if you want to be sure it has been received.

Comment

address

This is in reply to Poppy -

When I have googled the name of the company - a Residential Letting Agency the address is different to the one I have been provided with. They may well have moved address and I have not been informed of this. Should I just telephone the company to confirm details??

Comment

Yes. (ten char filler)

Comment

do a free search at companies house - use that address.
            PAUL GIBBS, solicitor, Jacobs & Reeves. My comments on this forum are correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. No responsibility or liability is accepted by reason of reliance upon such comments. This disclaimer would not apply to direct clients of Jacobs & Reeves where there is a valid retainer in place and I would be happy to confirm any advice if formally instructed. . Jacobs & Reeves now offer a fixed fee possession service.

Comment

Care of and Mystery address

I have contacted the company listed on my AST as the address to send all legal notices. They confirmed that they knew nothing of this arrangement and have asked to see a copy of the agreement that has their details on. So where do I go from here - should I just send notices by recorded delivery to LL's care of address???

Comment

Send Notices to:
                a. last known service address provided by L under s.48 of LTA 1987; and
                b. [if L is a limited company] the registered office address.

That way, L is fixed with Notice as long as you can prove service at the addresses. Its non-presence at one address or both addresses (or its unawareness that Notices arrived there) will be irrelevant.
                JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X