Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nstark15@hotmail.com
    replied
    I Agree that there are a lot of helpful people on the forum and consider myself one.

I have read my post again and I do not ask for opinions, I posed a question at people if they were in the situation not my situation.

Leave a comment:

• Mars Mug
    replied
    I didn’t suggest that you were winging or asking for help, but you did ask for opinions or comments.

I was commenting on your post #145 and your opinion that “The law is the only thing that can be blamed here.” But to assess whether your opinion could be valid we would need to know the background to how you came to be in the situation you described as Lawcruncher questioned.

It may help if you dropped the argument that everyone on the forum is angry and unhelpful, unless you want to alienate everyone. Also try to recognise the fact that sometimes people are difficult to help which can be frustrating to some, especially when good free advice is repeatedly ignored.

Leave a comment:

• nstark15@hotmail.com
    replied
    you are missing my point. I have not come on to winge about it or ask for any helop on my situation. I am just putting some points across to Sarah1 to try and see if I can help with my opinion.

What does everyone on the forum assume that cause I try and help someone I need to tell everyone my situation. I will give my situation if I feel iI need to put certainy would not do it on this forum that people seem to be acting in a way against each other that goes against everything a help forum is meant to stand for.

Leave a comment:

• Mars Mug
    replied

You have not explained how you got into the situation, but simply complained about it and suggested that you have lost out financially. Without an explanation of how this came about it’s not easy to judge if you are a victim of the system, or just maybe naïve.

Leave a comment:

• nstark15@hotmail.com
    replied
    Who said I purchased the property with the tenants in it.

and you may say that I have not lost, but I also have not gained.

and in theory it is money that i have lost. if you by your main resididence 10 years ago for lets assume £100k, now its worth £200k. if you want to sell for a similar house, you will be paying around £200k.

I cannot sell this property and if for any reason I had to sell, I would not be able to replace like for like as with sitting tenants the value is down.

so the loss will only come when i sell and am aware of this, but you should never assume.

Anyway, I am not after advise or crititasym on my situation. I do not think my post was angry or frustrated. I am aware of my situation and will cope with consequences like most landlords.

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    Originally posted by nstark15@hotmail.com View Post
    I have read all 15 pages of this forum, etc.
    If you acquired the property with the tenants in it, it seems to me that there are two main possibilties:

1. You bought the property. In that case the situation will (or ought to) have been investigated and you will have paid a price accordingly.

2. The property has been left or given to you.

In either case, although the property may indeed be worth more without the tenants, you have not lost anything, have you?

If you acquired the property with vacant possession and put the tenants in under a tenancy that gave them security of tenure, who is is to blame?

Leave a comment:

• nstark15@hotmail.com
    replied
    Hi Sarah1,

I have read all 15 pages of this forum and am dissapointed in the way people are to each other on a site that is meant to help people and give them advise rather than critisize.

I am a landlord, I have a sitting tenant, it has down valued the property by £300k and I cannot sell, I dont earn anything out of it in rent really they have 6 acres of land.

I cannot get them out as they are protected, have offered them other occomodation but wont take it.

I have lost £400k in property at present. How do I feel about the tenant. I am annoyed that they wont move out. However they are nice people.

The law is the only thing that can be blamed here. The systems did not work on behalf og the landlord then. Annd even on a Standard AST when evicting the courts seem to side with tenants rather than landlords otherwise they know they will need government help so they deem the cost should be covered by the landlord which ofcourse he must be loaded if he owns a property, no mortgage, life of riley. This is not always the case.

I am just saying that I cannot blame an elderly person for trying to hang on to their home. I therefore pose the question to others that make comments, if there landlord came round one night and said. I want you to leave so I can sell tonight and you had no were to go, would you sleep on the streets, or would you excercise your rights. If you argue that someone should not take advantage of the law, then there would be no law.

on a seperate note sarah1, being a developer, why could they not build on the land. the reason for decline should be posted online. If it is say for instane a protected historical site or wildlife site they MAY never get planning. Let me know the answer to this one and I may be able to put your minds are rest in the future.

Leave a comment:

• sarah1
    replied
    Hi everyone,
    It has been a very long time since i last posted, but i came across this site again today and thought i would post an update, sorry it's taken so long!!
    Well, the outcome of our situation goes like this..... The property developer, who was originally going to buy the garden off the landlord, could not get planning permission. He tried several times and the coucil declined everytime! So, he did not end up buying the garden and my dad is still living in the same property with All of his garden!! I just wish they had tried for the planning before they put us through all the stress! Whether they will try again in the future is another question, but things have settled for now. The case did not get to the courts but it would probably have been a very different story if the planning permission had been granted. Thank you to everyone who offered me and my dad advice, it was very much appreciated :-)

Leave a comment:

• attilathelandlord
    replied
    Let's hope they don't make sure that the rest of your lives doesn't turn out to be fairly short!!!! Chortle!

Leave a comment:

• jai
    replied
    Update- Went to the auction today. Few bidders, the house went to a property company and we met the director. My first impression was that she was really nice and we explained we wanted to stay in the property for the rest of our lives. She said not to worry and they have a good management department to look after us. We shall see! Relieved though.

Thanks to all for your input!

Regards

Jai

Leave a comment:

• attilathelandlord
    replied
    We don't want them to know we're unscrupulous now do we?!!!

Leave a comment:

• jai
    replied
    lol thanks for that attila!!

Leave a comment:

• attilathelandlord
    replied
    You might want to revise your post Jai, it sounds like you are admitting to being an unscrupulous landlord!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jai
    replied
    Thing is, the house is in a beautiful location with excellent transport links and amenities and we have lived here all our lives. We do want want to move as it would mean massive upheaval!

I didnt realise that if L offered suitable accomodation it would still come under Rent Act. Thanks for that Jeffrey, very interesting.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by jai View Post
    I know, im just slightly concerned that there might be an unscrupulous landlord out there. Being one myself I know there are a few (not many) that will behave in the most underhand ways!
    ...although you should not necessarily reject it if new L offers buckets of money for you to vacate.
    Perhaps L can itself provide suitable alternative accommodation. Any new letting thereof (between same L and T as for old house) WILL be within Rent Act 1977- even now!- because s. 34(1)(b) of Housing Act 1988 says so. This is true even if new Agreement claims that it is an AST; it isn't, unless old letting was a protected shorthold (Housing Act 1980 amendment of Rent Act 1977) rather than fully protected (unamended Rent Act 1977).

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X