Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

girl friend moving in in shared house

Hello everyone,
    I live in my house with my son, a lodger (very nice) and a tenant (not very nice). The tenant seems to have asked his g'friend to move in. She denies being there all the time, but we all know she is!
    I understand her staying over every so often but not everynights for the past 2 weeks!
    Does she have any rights?
    What can I do?
    (tenant is awkward)
    many thanks
    sophie

Originally posted by sophie View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I live in my house with my son, a lodger (very nice) and a tenant (not very nice). The tenant seems to have asked his g'friend to move in. She denies being there all the time, but we all know she is!
    I understand her staying over every so often but not everynights for the past 2 weeks!
    Does she have any rights?
    What can I do?
    (tenant is awkward)
    many thanks
    sophie
    Hi

Sorry, I'm being a bit slow, but could you explain in a bit more detail the relationship between you, the lodger and the tenant? Who is the landlord? Why is the lodger a lodger and the tenant a tenant? No trick questions, just trying to understand the circumstances a bit better.

Preston

Comment

I think this is the same situation as described in 'Tenant from hell - another one'.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        I think this is the same situation as described in 'Tenant from hell - another one'.
        Yes, I think you are right, I didn't realise at first. Still unsure, though, of the circumstances, but probably best left to the other thread?

Comment

Hello Preston and Mind the Gap,
          thanks for replying and willing to help.
          Yes, it is the same tenant that I am talking about in another thread.
          I am the owner of the house and lives with my 3 year old son.
          In the house also lives a young girl who is a lodger
          The tenant is a tenant because we signed a contract before I had moved back into my house.
          And now we may have the girlfriend...!
          surely she has no rights to live with us on a permanent basis?? What is permanent as opposed to temporary visits to the boyfriend?
          many thanks.
          sophie

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X