Laborers constantly entering my flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laborers constantly entering my flat

I recently changed my flat, and now living in a flat which i rented via a respectable estate agency.

But the problem is, recently a worker entered to my flat, without my knowledge, and left me a note saying he had checked the heaters in my flat, and he will change them.!

Later I complained the estate agency about "entering my flat without my knowledge", they said sorry, and it will never happen again.

But after that, some other worker (I think these workers get keys from my landlord) tried to enter my flat with his keys, (luckily I was at home!) and when I said him, I do not want anybody to enter my flat without my knowledge, he said agency, or the workers, can have keys of my flat, and enter the flat, he said it is normal !!

Is it really normal ??!! What can i do about this??

I have been in UK for nearly 1.5 years, and I do not have much knowledge about that. All I know is, I do not want anybody to enter my flat without my knowledge, or without my asistance.

Well - he might think that it is normal, but he has got a little awakening coming. I suggest that you write a polite letter to the agents, pointing out that they have already assured you that nobody will attempt to enter your home without your permission, yet workers like this continue to do so. You are also within your rights to change the locks, provided that they are changed back again when your tenancy is over.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X