Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post re-direction issue

hello.
    i wrote on here a few weeks back after my tenant who left beg of march didnt organise a re-direction and my current has been receiving a ton of letters weekly from catalogue and debt collecting agencies. Taking the forum advise i stuck labels saying "no longer at this address". My tenant is still receiving letters, he opened one and it was addressed to my old tenant saying, "we know you have moved, pls provide new address"/. The post office have told me to pop them in the mailbox. What do i do?

Do as the members and the Post Office suggests: keep marking them "no longer at this address" and put them back in the post box.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tenant in situ
      by jpkeates
      It's almost impossible to reset the tenancy with a new agreement.
      The buyer will inherit the previous tenancy at the same point that they're able to let the property on the new agreement, so any new tenancy is going to be a follow on tenancy.
      So things that need to be done at the very start...
      24-01-2022, 14:57 PM
    • Tenant in situ
      by Bridge2020
      I’m looking at buying another property to rent out. The one I’m looking at has a tenant in situ. I have seen a copy of the AST and payments to the agents.
      Anyone have any experience of this please ?...
      20-01-2022, 08:29 AM
    • Reply to Rent a Room scheme
      by jpkeates
      You're really going to struggle with that not being a tenancy.
      If the tenant can lock the door to exclude you, and they could wash in a sink, that's likely to be a dwelling house.
      24-01-2022, 14:52 PM
    • Rent a Room scheme
      by lgr001
      I have a mobile home next to my property. Do I qualify for the rent a room scheme if I rent out the mobile home but the occupant must use the shower and washing facilities in my house i.e. so that the mobile home is not a separate unit of accommodation? There is a provision by the council that it...
      24-01-2022, 14:25 PM
    • Reply to Regulated Tenancy
      by AVJ113
      Yep, that's exactly what has happened....
      24-01-2022, 14:12 PM
    • Regulated Tenancy
      by AVJ113
      I have a basic understanding of regulated tenancy. I'm looking to buy a property with a tenant in situ on a regulated tenancy. In the real world, what are the pros and cons? Is there anyone with any experience?
      24-01-2022, 13:38 PM
      by DoricPixie
      How basic is your understanding?

From your other thread you are seeing a broker about a BTL mortgage. I think you will struggle to secure a BTL mortgage against a property with a Regulated Tenancy in place....
      24-01-2022, 14:05 PM
      by jpucng62
      Unless it is REALLY cheap - don't!

I inherited a property with a regulated tenant. The rent can only go up once every 2 years, by a specified amount, although more often if you improve the property, but it will always be cheap.

Most tenants have been in a very long time and...
      24-01-2022, 13:58 PM
    • Reply to Tenant in situ
      by Interlaken
      Agree with above but if the property is in poor condition and the tenant elderly (or could be child of tenant who may be middle aged) then steer clear. I would definitely speak with the tenant.
      24-01-2022, 13:30 PM
    • Reply to How to track down landlord
      by kelbol
      Emailing means the person may or may not receive it, and if they do, they may or may not reply. I didn't want to wait around to find out if I do get a reply. I wanted to get a phone number.
      In any case, I managed to get hold of the Landlord via the business. The ball is now in his court.
      24-01-2022, 13:15 PM
    Working...
    X