Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LL or agency issuing S21?

Hi,

The managing agent dealing with my property has made a verbal Section 21 to the tennant over the phone. That day I posted a letter through their door detailing the dates to vacate;

is this correct issuing of Section 21? is it ok for this letter to have come from me? or should letter have legally come from the managing agent? as the tenant has the tenancy agreement with the agent and not me?

many thanks
    Joe

There is no such thing as a verbal section 21 it has to be in written form and served correctly and dated correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy View Post
      There is no such thing as a verbal section 21 it has to be in written form and served correctly and dated correctly.
      what I am asking is, is there any illegality in respect of the section 21 letter being sent from me, rather than the managing agent. the tenant has the tenancy agreement with the agent and pays rent to the agent, so do they have to recieve the letter from the agent?

Comment

Originally posted by vitamin32 View Post
        what I am asking is, is there any illegality in respect of the section 21 letter being sent from me, rather than the managing agent. the tenant has the tenancy agreement with the agent and pays rent to the agent, so do they have to recieve the letter from the agent?
        It comes from the landlord. You're fine!

Comment

Originally posted by vitamin32 View Post
          Tenant has a agreement with the landlord not the agent. The agent can sign doc on behalf of the L/L.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X