ex landlord aggravation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ex landlord aggravation

i recently had problems with my landlord so i cut my losses and moved i let him know where i had moved to so if there was anything he needed to speak to me about he could, he has sent me a letter and numerous text messages saying that he wants the gas card off me, which the account was in my name and he is also going mad about the kitchen floor being flooded because the boiler had a bad leak on it.
    He knew about this problem and said he would have it repaired after we had moved we also left a bucket under it so that any water dripping from it would go in there
    the EH officer had told him about the schedule of work that needed doing and he has made a start on it now, but he is asking that i help towards the cost and that he also wants an extra months rent for the inconvenience of his property being empty or he is taking us to court he knew we was moving out and never said anything at the time but the bill he has presented us with is nearly a thousand pounds doesnt explain what for in a proper way
    i gave him the bill for the roof being repaired during christmas which was for £245 we had to pay out of our own pocket and told him to knock it off the cost of what we apparently owe him and he has gone mad about that he said it was my own fault for paying for the leaking roof, but he was on holiday in thailand at the time and no way of getting hold of him where do ex tenants stand with things like this cos this guy is really getting me down i thought he would have been glad that we had gone but he certainly is doing his best to make me miserable

Let him have his day in court. He hasn't got a clue about how to conduct himself as a responsible landlord. The judge would have a field day.

Other than that, contact the police and tell them he is harassing you. I'm sure they'll have a friendly word with him. On no account give this cretin any money.

Comment

I suggest you try and remember all the events that have happened with dates. What was the problem, did you contact the landlord, did he reply quickly, action taken etc etc. While it is all fresh in your head get it down on paper.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X