Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poppy35
    replied
    if you have been served a Section 21 Notice this means that the landlord requires the property back by "x" date - you do not have to give any notice.

Have a search on here for Section 21 notices and you will see lots of threads relating to this matter.

Leave a comment:

• vitamin32
    started a topic unclear! uncompromising? Landlord

unclear! uncompromising? Landlord

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could give me advice?

I have recently been given 2 months notice by my landlord, who, while serving the notice said that, "the landlandy is eager to move back in and so there is no problem if we want to move out before the 2 months is up."

After 2 weeks searching I managed to find somewhere to move into and got back to the landlord saying we can move out in 2 weeks, so effectively 1 month after he has served me 2 months notice. Idealistically I think.. I can then stop paying the rent a month early and landlady gets to move in a month early.. all happy..

He says now quotes at me, "you are legally bound to cover the rent for two months notice period as per the Tenancy Agreement". So now i am stuck between two rental places with a month overlap.

I know you could say i was a bit naive about "taking his word", but assumed he would not expect another months rent here. the landlady is eager to get back in.

He now tells me, "I would suggest we try to reach a suitable compromise to resolve this matter."

how can i be sure he means this? can a compromise be legally binding addendum to the tenancy agreement? as, if we came to a "suitable compromise" he may then try and claim my deposit by saying i haven't paid the final months rent!?

many thanks for any advice
    joe

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Special clauses
    by Lawcruncher
    Following the general principle that you should keep things simple where there is no need to complicate, It is safest just to grant a six month term if that is all you want to commit to.

A landlord is responsible for "the installations in the dwelling-house for the supply of water,...
    26-05-2022, 20:25 PM
  • Special clauses
    by Harrison38784
    Hi All,

I want to add the following break clause into my AST, but I’m wondering if I do so, do I also need to give my tenant also a break clause?

‘The Landlord may terminate this agreement by giving the Tenant not less than 2 months' written notice expiring [on or at any...
    26-05-2022, 18:16 PM
  • Reply to Tenancy Agreement Help
    by theartfullodger
    Sounds like some education in how to be a landlord might be wise. When I started I thought I knew what I was doing. I didn't, expensive, stupid, mistakes! If you think education is expensive, try ignorance....
    26-05-2022, 19:52 PM
  • Tenancy Agreement Help
    by Harrison38784
    Hi all,

I am a new landlord and looking for some help with the AST.

I have created a tenancy agreement which is now ready for signing.

The tenancy agreement is due to start on the 1st July.

Can the tenancy agreement be signed before the move in...
    26-05-2022, 18:02 PM
    by theartfullodger
    Agreed, break clauses very very easy to get wrong.

Much simpler, easier, more flexibility to evict, fixed term 6 months then periodic....
    26-05-2022, 19:50 PM
  • Reply to Agreement for friends to live in my house
    by Hudson01
    Well you have heard the opinions of a great many very experienced landlords........ you are taking a very big risk with this, you say you don't need the money, so why take the risk ? Leave it empty and come back to it still....... empty, there is zero guarantee they will move out, friends or not.
    26-05-2022, 19:38 PM
  • Agreement for friends to live in my house
    by Tippy
    I cannot find a definitive answer to my question by googling so here goes.

I have a house that I wish to allow a family who are close friends to live in while I live abroad as UK non-resident. I am trying to work out what sort of contract I should make between us.

I don't mind...
    26-05-2022, 08:48 AM
  • Reply to Tenancy Agreement Help
    by ash72
    You created the AST, or you got it from somewhere?

You can get the AST signed before someone moves in (how soon would they actually move in?) and when are you giving the keys?

You should have a Guarantor's specific agreement if your going down that route, these days they can...
    26-05-2022, 18:24 PM
    by KTC
    Generally yes, landlord only break clause is an unfair term. There's really only very limited reasons to have break clause in typical residential letting. Just do a 6 months fixed term and then let it roll periodic.
    26-05-2022, 18:23 PM
  • Reply to Access to neighbouring property act.
    by Neelix
    i only pointed this out because so many people don’t realise this.

so there’s no point in blocking access IMHO...
    26-05-2022, 18:12 PM
Working...
X