DPS very slow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPS very slow!

Has anyone else found the DPS to be very slow...have just waited 10 days for a form to come back through the post, certain things can't be done online so this really buggers things up.
    Also to wait up to 6 weeks for deposits to come back is well out of order.
    I'm wondering if it's one of these agencies that is still in it's infant stage and still learning and maybe will get faster, or is this the way it's going to be.
    Tenants are screaming their heads off at having to wait an average of two weeks to get their deposits back.

I have to say that the main deciding factor in me selecting mydeposits is that I keep control of the money. With DPS being free does not sway me at all.

Comment

Not as bad as TDS..

Just received a judgement, which I think is poor, and that has taken nearly 6 months I think!!

Comment

Have to agree DPS is slow - had the same problem receiving forms. On more than one occasion we have had to ask 3 times for forms. Which is just another reason why we are looking in to joining the TDS.

Paul

Comment

[QUOTE=Wickerman;130504]Their learning curve is like Everest. I took them.... how long.... 6 months?.... to realise that you need forwarding addresses for tenants. Because generally if a tenant wants the deposit back, they have moved out. So why do the still send the paperwork off to the property they lived in???

They also changed their policy to accept multiple deposits from tenants if its a joint tenant. Initially a lead tenant was required - now they accept more than one deposit for a joint AST. As far as I know this fundamental change to their T&Cs was not publicised.

They still require the monthly rent amount which is beyond their remit
          QUOTE]

Bad isn't it, remind me again why the government changed to this scheme.

Comment

they are ALL slow arent they? we are dealing with the TDS which resulted from a dispute from December 08, finally had a decision but now the head case examiner has disagreed with whatever that decision was, im not going to hold my breath....it'll be another 6 months for sure!

Comment

Well it's not good enough, if we are made by law to use this system it should at least be workable.

Comment

10 days......lucky you!

I have just had a deposit transferred into our account with them that took them 5 months to deal with.

I am sorting out another for a client which has been going on since July 2008 - we log every call and they still deny discussing the matter with anyone.....

I only used DPS when we set up a new agency whilst waiting for TDS to be approved so thank god I only have about 10 deposits registered with them but its 10 too many in my opinion!

bloody useless......sometimes feel like driving to Bristol (only 45 mins) to get it sorted!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to notifying utility companies of tenant change
                  by ash72
                  I've not found any short-cuts, as each company has their own quirks on dealing with this. It usually takes a couple of calls to a customer services person to provide the information, due to GDPR they wont say anything about the exiting T.

Some Councils, seem to have an online form you can...
                  18-05-2022, 21:21 PM
                • notifying utility companies of tenant change
                  by flyingfreehold
                  Does anyone have a shortcut? Right now we seem to have to hang on interminably long on the phone to provide details of leaver readings, put the account back in landlords name and then to provide new tenants' details when the place is re-let. Anyone know of a shortcut? We used to send out letters but...
                  18-05-2022, 21:10 PM
                • Reply to Capital Gains Tax dilemma
                  by ash72
                  You should seek advice from an accountant, or a property tax for tailored advice to your specific circumstances, you may be entitled to some relief if the property at any time was your own principal residence.
                  18-05-2022, 21:14 PM
                • Capital Gains Tax dilemma
                  by Ollyn
                  Hello

I am considering whether to sell my house which has been let for some time and need to see how I can best deal with CGT.

I lived in the property from 1984 until 2006.

From 2006 it has been occupied by tenants, now vacant and being renovated.

18-05-2022, 18:17 PM
                • Reply to Single parent renting
                  by Hooper
                  I am not sure that it will make her feel any better but I suspect that the children are more of an issue than being a single mum. Friends of mine have been rejected from every family size house they have applied to. They are high earning professionals with decent references and ... two young kids 2...
                  18-05-2022, 20:28 PM
                • Single parent renting
                  by Dct
                  A friend of mine who is a single parent with three children is trying to find a house to rent. She has three children and recieves UC mainly to help with childcare costs, but despite viewing several houses and showing interest and showing she is more than able to pay rent, she has been turned down and...
                  18-05-2022, 16:32 PM
                • Reply to Single parent renting
                  by Hudson01
                  This may just be one part of it, as ' ash72' states there are a lot less rental properties now (and it will get worse in the future), rents have sky rocketed and a LL can simply pick and choose the very very best tenant. It has become even more important than ever to get the right tenant, this is due...
                  18-05-2022, 19:40 PM
                • Reply to Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
                  by Hudson01
                  As 'ash72' states you may be angry at the perceived way in which the landlord has treated you but do not mix the two up, If you wish to take on more stress after you have been evicted and may still be looking for a place to live...... which with a CCJ will be all but impossible, go ahead, but i would...
                  18-05-2022, 19:14 PM
                • Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
                  by Forgetmeknot
                  I wondered if anyone can tell me if it is possible to counter claim for damage, harassment, poss landlord breach in contract and emotional distress in a section 8 eviction.
                  so basically I’ve read online that i can claim for compensation which will go towards reducing my rent arrears but my solicitor...
                  18-05-2022, 16:30 PM
                • Reply to Let a house to local council
                  by ram
                  If you are in flats, with service charges, the buildings insurance for residential Landlords insurance ( the Landlord of the freehold, that insures the building ) The insurance company may well cease immediately the insurance coverage.

It happend to our block of flats ( I was the Co. Sec,
                  18-05-2022, 18:54 PM
                Working...
                X