DPS very slow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPS very slow!

Has anyone else found the DPS to be very slow...have just waited 10 days for a form to come back through the post, certain things can't be done online so this really buggers things up.
    Also to wait up to 6 weeks for deposits to come back is well out of order.
    I'm wondering if it's one of these agencies that is still in it's infant stage and still learning and maybe will get faster, or is this the way it's going to be.
    Tenants are screaming their heads off at having to wait an average of two weeks to get their deposits back.

I have to say that the main deciding factor in me selecting mydeposits is that I keep control of the money. With DPS being free does not sway me at all.

Comment

Not as bad as TDS..

Just received a judgement, which I think is poor, and that has taken nearly 6 months I think!!

Comment

Have to agree DPS is slow - had the same problem receiving forms. On more than one occasion we have had to ask 3 times for forms. Which is just another reason why we are looking in to joining the TDS.

Paul

Comment

[QUOTE=Wickerman;130504]Their learning curve is like Everest. I took them.... how long.... 6 months?.... to realise that you need forwarding addresses for tenants. Because generally if a tenant wants the deposit back, they have moved out. So why do the still send the paperwork off to the property they lived in???

They also changed their policy to accept multiple deposits from tenants if its a joint tenant. Initially a lead tenant was required - now they accept more than one deposit for a joint AST. As far as I know this fundamental change to their T&Cs was not publicised.

They still require the monthly rent amount which is beyond their remit
          QUOTE]

Bad isn't it, remind me again why the government changed to this scheme.

Comment

they are ALL slow arent they? we are dealing with the TDS which resulted from a dispute from December 08, finally had a decision but now the head case examiner has disagreed with whatever that decision was, im not going to hold my breath....it'll be another 6 months for sure!

Comment

Well it's not good enough, if we are made by law to use this system it should at least be workable.

Comment

10 days......lucky you!

I have just had a deposit transferred into our account with them that took them 5 months to deal with.

I am sorting out another for a client which has been going on since July 2008 - we log every call and they still deny discussing the matter with anyone.....

I only used DPS when we set up a new agency whilst waiting for TDS to be approved so thank god I only have about 10 deposits registered with them but its 10 too many in my opinion!

bloody useless......sometimes feel like driving to Bristol (only 45 mins) to get it sorted!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to What to do at the end of an AST period?
                  by jtufty
                  I hear you loud and clear! Periodic it is then! Cheers...
                  25-01-2022, 16:39 PM
                • What to do at the end of an AST period?
                  by jtufty
                  Hi,

I rent a property. The initial 6 months of the AST ends in Jan 2022. The tenant is very nice and she asked yesterday if she can stay on for another 6 months.

Is it a simple case of just giving her another AST contract to sign? Im sure it is, but wondered if theres anything...
                  28-12-2021, 08:35 AM
                • Reply to Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
                  by DoricPixie
                  Why "in light of the minimal tenancy paperwork" do you think you will have a difficult time retrieving the money owed from the tenant?

As above, check the Section 21 is valid, see link to flow chart below. If the Section 21 is valid and the tenant is still in the property then...
                  25-01-2022, 16:26 PM
                • Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
                  by Beeble
                  We rented a flat out with the local branch of a national estate agent. They were charging a very low fee (that should’ve had my alarm bells ringing) and had a tenant immediately available. This was Dec2020/Jan2021 and the tenancy paperwork they sent to me was minimal.

Tenant moved in...
                  25-01-2022, 15:37 PM
                • Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
                  by jpucng62
                  My property portfolio has always been managed by agents, originally through necessity (I was a long way away), latterly through choice (I don't want to be available 24/7). I use small independent agencies and I keep them on a tight rein - but it works for me! I like to have that distance between me...
                  25-01-2022, 16:25 PM
                • Greetings, I Come in Peace
                  by AVJ113
                  Hello all, I am a prospective landlord. I will be arranging my first mortgage in principle today as a start to my evil buy-to-let empire. As a total newb, what would be the one piece of advice you would give after your years of experience as a landlord?
                  20-01-2022, 07:24 AM
                • Reply to Inherited a few rentals
                  by DoricPixie
                  Another vote for sell unless being a landlord is something you are particularly interested in doing. Yes, you can use a letting agency to manage the lets but ultimately the buck stops with you and in my experience a lot of letting agencies out there are pretty crap. Plus as a higher rate tax payer...
                  25-01-2022, 16:19 PM
                • Inherited a few rentals
                  by Landlord7289
                  Hoping for some advice on this situation from people who may have been through similar...

I am inheriting 4 rental properties from my late father. Are there any tips or ideas people would share about this situation?

My situation is I am early 30s in full time employment, live...
                  25-01-2022, 15:02 PM
                • Reply to Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
                  by Hudson01
                  Ok before you even consider what the agent did or did not do you need to get a handle on exactly what the tenancy says, if the s21 was valid and what the intentions of YOUR tenant are, you need them out asap, a lot of agents are utterly useless, are you located far away from the property and is that...
                  25-01-2022, 15:58 PM
                • Reply to Rent a Room scheme
                  by jpkeates
                  The work that they do would effectively be rent.
                  But the letting rules for agricultural workers are different - but that's about the extent of my knowledge.
                  25-01-2022, 15:12 PM
                Working...
                X