Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennant Screening?

Hello,

I'm going to be letting out a property to either students or a family soon and want to know what the easiest way of screening tennants is. I have seen the tennant verify link on this forum but i would like to know from other peoples experiences please??

Many Thanks..

When I was a student I wasn't screened for the house I moved into.

Comment

Um maybe you misread...

Im letting out a property to students i.e i'm the landlord

Comment

maybe you misread jai, that comment was from BLONDE! says it all!

Comment

Tennant Screening

I have previously used Homelet and LetSure. Neither asks for applicants' national insurance number . And I haven't found other referencing sources that do... but I haven't searched extensively.

Recommend that in addition to references you also carry out your own ID verification checks. E.g. Passport / photo driving licence / NI number, utility bills (possibly not for young students who just left home!) and bank statements. Take copies!

Consider having guarantors when letting to students (and possibly DSS).

Good luck!

Comment

thanks guys, much appreciated!

P.S should have known Jonboy!

Comment

hi tenant screening

i now take a copy of passport driving doc, any bank statements and a photgraph-plus i take a picture of the flat. now you may ask well thats a too much, but from pervious experience i found that the coucnil always put the blame on the landlord becasue the tenants fialed to pay council tax, so now i place the photo on the tenancy and give a copy to the council - and to be onest since i did this i never had any problems. note: i keep a full record on cd rom--when the tenat leaves i expect the flat to be in the smae order that i gave it in and hte photo graph is the best evidence. try it!!

Comment

I didn't misread. I am saying my landlord did not screen me, so maybe it's not necessary with students.

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're probably right Blondie - students are generally trustworthy, reliable, solvent (should that be 'solvant' to match 'tennant'?) and tidy. No need to do check-in or out inventories either - they just add to the landlord's costs.

Comment

Actually I see little point in credit screening students, as they have no income of their own(99% of the time), so thats all you are going to find out. You would always use a guarantor with students for this very reason.
                    Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

check the students id, then credit check the guarantor.

Comment

cheers jonboy and the rest!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X