Can Guarantor limit liability to cover only the rent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by willcooke2 View Post
    Hi
    I have a potential tenant who has declared an old CCJ (paid) on their application form. I have asked them then to provide a home owning guarantor but that person is only willing to stand guarantor for the rent and not the lease as a whole. The guarantor says that because of circumstances they are not willing to do more . The prospective tenant says they have no one else they know who can be asked. What do you think? Should one always expect a guarantor to be found who will stand guarantor for the lease in its entirety?
    Thanks
    Yes. A Guarantor can limit liability so that it covers only T's rent but not T's other obligations- but only if L agrees.

Leave a comment:

• Can Guarantor limit liability to cover only the rent?

Hi
    I have a potential tenant who has declared an old CCJ (paid) on their application form. I have asked them then to provide a home owning guarantor but that person is only willing to stand guarantor for the rent and not the lease as a whole. The guarantor says that because of circumstances they are not willing to do more . The prospective tenant says they have no one else they know who can be asked. What do you think? Should one always expect a guarantor to be found who will stand guarantor for the lease in its entirety?
    Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X