Landlord requesting 'reimbursement' after giving deposit back

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Landlord requesting 'reimbursement' after giving deposit back

    Finally after this had been sorted. We managed to sort out the fact that we did ONLY have to give one months notice.

    It's all done and dusted and we have had our deposit back and we are now living in our new home, however I have just received a letter dated the 31st March, stating that the landlord wants a reimbursement of £70 for 'two rear and one side fence panel' which have rotted.

    Basically the question is:

    Is he within his rights to request a reimbursement after giving the deposit back?

  • #2
    Aside from the lateness of the request, did your tenancy agreement oblige you to maintain the fences around the property?


    • #3
      Rotting of wood: sounds like the equivalent of fair wear and tear. I cannot see why T should be responsible for the cost; don't pay.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).


      Latest Activity