Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When serving a S.21 and S.8

Hi all

I've served a S.21 on 8th Feb that expires 10th April but tenant has since refused rent on the grounds that I should use up deposit as he originally gave 2 months. On 11th April he will be 2 months in arrears so I will issue section 8 also.

If he does indeed move out on 10th May as he says he will then I will not be owed any money and so all I want to do is instigate court proceedings to ensure that things are well under way for eviction should he decide to remain after this date.

I think my best options are to lodge N5B accelerated possession 2 weeks after serving S.8. However I wish to apply for eviction on the S.21 also which gives mandatory possession. Can I do this by lodging a N5B with a N119 stating notices served, or is there a better way of doing this?

Any advice appreciated,
    Many thanks
    ATD

Latest Activity

Collapse

• what is current requirements for smoke alarm?
    daxu
    Hi,
    I have a one bed flat that is let out at the moment. I asked an electrician to change the fusebox to a consumer unit and asked him for a cost of changing my battery smoke alarm to a main conntected one.

What he told me is that I need two alarms, one smoke alarm and one heat alarm...
    21-07-2017, 10:02 AM
  • Reply to what is current requirements for smoke alarm?
    MrShed
    What a load of rubbish this sparky is spinning to you!!

A single battery operated smoke alarm on a single floor is absolutely fine.
    21-07-2017, 10:23 AM
  • Claiming for protected deposit
    mandm
    This is an interesting one, got me into a spin.
    Tenants signed AST but decided to leave after 6 months and 3 days (problem with moving) using the break clause in the AST. I protected the deposit using DPS (Insured) and returned the deposit minus deductions when the moved out.
    I served the...
    21-07-2017, 08:00 AM
  • Reply to Claiming for protected deposit
    MrShed
    To be fair, allowing DPS to send the email is even worse, as this doesnt help you prove that they received it.

In fairness it doesnt sound like you did in fact give them the prescribed information...
    21-07-2017, 10:18 AM
    mandm
    Thanks Guys for your immediate response, i will write and will attach the confirmation email from the DPS to the solicitor.
    @AndrewDod I did not send them email, DPS did, i also asked them to post the confirmation to tenants but they said due to DPA, tenants needs to request that!
    Is there...
    21-07-2017, 10:03 AM
  • Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
    MrShed
    I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
    20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
  • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
    MrShed
    Depends on the storage provider. The other problem is though that in a disaster recovery position, they usually fail this to somewhere else, out of EU - which puts you in breach
    21-07-2017, 09:50 AM
    jjlandlord
    Cloud storage providers let you choose where to store data for this very reason.

It is OK to send data to the US under the so-called "Privacy Shield" as far as I know.
    21-07-2017, 09:46 AM
    mariner
    If you are confident you did provide required PI in full, then let T take you to Court; if not, settle. A Judge can only award T the Deposit (if not returned) + 1-3x deposit for the Penalty.

You cannot require T to sign anything, only ask.
    21-07-2017, 09:43 AM
    jpkeates
    If you store data in the cloud, you almost certainly breach the DPA - the data is (almost certainly) outside the EU and held somewhere without equivalent measures in place (the EU has said that safe haven isn't sufficient).

In fact, you haven't got a clue where it's stored.
    21-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Working...
X