Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting to the council

Hi,

I have a situation where the council want to rent a property of mine to place a tenant in. The council are going to be paying the first 6 months rent in advance for the tenant.

What type of agreement should I use for this? Is a company let agreeement OK or should I use some other form of agreement as the council aren't really a company?

Thanks

Originally posted by settloe_99 View Post
    I have a situation where the council want to rent a property of mine to place a tenant in. The council are going to be paying the first 6 months rent in advance for the tenant.

What type of agreement should I use for this? Is a company let agreeement OK or should I use some other form of agreement as the council aren't really a company?
    A 'company let' format would be more appropriate than any other; but most Councils will insist on their own format, rather than L's.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thanks Jeffrey. That is what I thought however I've checked with them and they want me to send them an agreement.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X