DPS - to use arbitration or not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPS - to use arbitration or not

I know that not using arbitration if claiming the deposit back through the DPS was mentioned on here previously, has anybody actually tried this?

I am going down the single claim route for a few deposits and one of the stipulations on the single claim statutory declaration is that you have to agree to binding arbitration.
    Liability statement. My liability to you is not to exceed the amount you are paying for my recommendations or advice.

I see a bright new future, where chickens can cross the road with no fear of having their motives questioned

DPS paperwork is very clever - it does not make clear that once you have completed a Statutory Declaration in back-up of your claim, you have accepted their arbitration process. i am never going to use arbitration again... unless i can agree with the tenant on move-out day and we each sign a document ending the tenancy - i am going to let the tenant take me to court as i think DPS is waaay to in favour of tenants and not landlords

i evicted a tenant last year, they did not arrange royal mail forwarding, i did not have a forwarding address for them - and after 3-4 months i eventually got all the deposit back as they had not replied to any of the letters from DPS - my view is that they should have arranged for their own mail-forwarding

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X