Other peoples rent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other peoples rent

I haved lived in my house for 1 year 8 months,my LL is trying to make pay rent for 2 other people that moved out 2 weeks ago neither of them gave the correct notice of 2 months but my LL has allowed them to move.He is now asking me to pay the full rent of £900. I have problems with the house such as there has been no gas certificate for 2 years, my deposit was not placed in a deposit scheme i have only one exit out of my house cuz my LL never got the key from an ex-tenant for my front door (fire hazard).i have 2 cracked windows which were damaged before i moved in the LL knows about all of this as i wrote it to him in a letter. It doesnt say anyware on the agreement that i would have to pay there rent if the situation occured it also doesnt say how much rent i have to pay and my LL's name and address are not on it. He recently told me this was his first house that he has ever rented and i pay his rent in cash. i have never recieved a deposit reciept or a reciept for monthly rent. With all this would i have some sort of case for small claims? or a way i could compramise with him.

Originally posted by brs View Post
    I haved lived in my house for 1 year 8 months,my LL is trying to make pay rent for 2 other people that moved out 2 weeks ago neither of them gave the correct notice of 2 months but my LL has allowed them to move.He is now asking me to pay the full rent of £900. I have problems with the house such as there has been no gas certificate for 2 years, my deposit was not placed in a deposit scheme i have only one exit out of my house cuz my LL never got the key from an ex-tenant for my front door (fire hazard).i have 2 cracked windows which were damaged before i moved in the LL knows about all of this as i wrote it to him in a letter. It doesnt say anyware on the agreement that i would have to pay there rent if the situation occured it also doesnt say how much rent i have to pay and my LL's name and address are not on it. He recently told me this was his first house that he has ever rented and i pay his rent in cash. i have never recieved a deposit reciept or a reciept for monthly rent. With all this would i have some sort of case for small claims? or a way i could compramise with him.
    Is it a joint AST or do you all have separate agreements?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

it is a joint ast

Comment

See http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...oto=nextoldest where a largely identical problem is being discussed.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X