Can we move out now..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we move out now..

We have been give 2 months notice by our landlord as of 28th March 2009. We are currently in the processes of buying a house and it is possible we could exchange contracts within the next few weeks, do we have to stay and pay rent for the whole 2 month period or I was told by one letting company if the landlord serves notice you can effectively move out the following day....is this true

Originally posted by Tink View Post
    We have been give 2 months notice by our landlord as of 28th March 2009. We are currently in the processes of buying a house and it is possible we could exchange contracts within the next few weeks, do we have to stay and pay rent for the whole 2 month period or I was told by one letting company if the landlord serves notice you can effectively move out the following day....is this true
    There are 2 current live threads on this forum discussing this very topic.

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ad.php?t=16242

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ad.php?t=17815

The short answer to your question is "no you can't".
    Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

On a more pragmatic note, you could try asking your landlord if you could move out on a mutually agreeable date. There are benefits all around - you get to move out when you want to, and the landlord gets to show the house to prospective tenants without you causing any difficulties.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X