LZ Lodger Application form- is it too intrusive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LZ Lodger Application form- is it too intrusive?

A client of mine forward me the Lodger Application from this site for comment.

Here is my advice:-

Dear XXXX,

I have reviewed the document that your proposed landlord wishes you to complete. I cannot advise you to provide this information; even as a firm of solicitors we only require 2 items to conform with the law society's anti money laundering requirements.

To be frank this document reads like one of those phishing e-mails on the internet. There is enough information contained in this document to allow an unscrupulous individual to clone your identity. I cannot think of any legitimate organisation which would require level of background information from a tenant let alone a lodger.

Regards,

Etc.

I cannot beleive that this document was drafted in such a manner in this age of identity theft.

Are you a solicitor? What particularly do you object to?

Comment

Not a solicitor surely, or he would punctuate 'Law Society' and spell 'believe' correctly?
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
        Are you a solicitor? What particularly do you object to?
        I am a property lawyer; and I object to the whole document. It is more information than is required for obtaining a mortgage, intruding into the tenants personal life to a massive extent.

Whilst I appreciate that a landlord would which to know something about a lodger/tenant but that is ridiculous.

Regards,

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
          Not a solicitor surely, or he would punctuate 'Law Society' and spell 'believe' correctly?
          LOL - actually I very rarely type, so [I] (sic) apologise for my ineptitude

Comment

The whole document! Wot - landlords can't know a prospective lodger's name? The LLZ form is lightweight, I also ask for their shoe size and IQ. In addition to the form my nose answers a few more questions.

Note to moderator: can we please have a smilie with an index finger tapping the side of a nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard J. View Post
              LOL - actually I very rarely type, so [I] (sic) apologise for my ineptitude

You don't have to type. There is a 'Quill and Quink' function on LLZ, you know. We even have little Dickensian-type people who will bring virtual coals to your office fire.
              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by Richard J. View Post
                No tenant should ever sign this
                Why would a tenant be signing a lodger application form?

Comment

Originally posted by arsebook View Post

He wouldn't. The distinction between the two is made several times - see #1for example: I cannot think of any legitimate organisation which would require level of background information from a tenant let alone a lodger.

Comment

Originally posted by arsebook View Post
                    I use the term 'tenant' in its broader context.

Comment

Hi

For some reason, I cant download this form. Can someone post the wording?

Preston

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                        Hi

For some reason, I cant download this form. Can someone post the wording?

Preston
                        I can't even enter my email address and password - it keeps pretending I've forgotten my details. Is that what you meant?

Comment

I can't even enter my email address and password - it keeps pretending I've forgotten my details. Is that what you meant?
                          Yep, just the same for me. Perhaps its been overcome by the rush of people wanting to check out the wording?

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                            Yep, just the same for me. Perhaps its been overcome by the rush of people wanting to check out the wording?
                            What a sad bunch we all are on a Friday night!

Comment

What a sad bunch we all are on a Friday night!
                              A tinny, newspaper, Corrie .... whats sad about that? (!)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X