Check-In Report Not Provided

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check-In Report Not Provided

Just a quick question as I am about to give notice to end my tenancy agreement using a standard break clause in my AST.

My concern is that I have not seen, or been provided with, a copy of the check-in report which was done when I moved in... How would this work with the check-out that is to be done when I move out? For example, if I have not seen or agreed to the check-in report then what would happen if the LL wanted to deduct money from my deposit for damage etc?

I feel comfortable that no damage has been caused, but am just worried that I never actually received or agreed to the check-in report.

I would greatly appreciate your comments and thoughts on this

Thanks,
    S.

Originally posted by slc1978 View Post
    Just a quick question as I am about to give notice to end my tenancy agreement using a standard break clause in my AST.

My concern is that I have not seen, or been provided with, a copy of the check-in report which was done when I moved in... How would this work with the check-out that is to be done when I move out? For example, if I have not seen or agreed to the check-in report then what would happen if the LL wanted to deduct money from my deposit for damage etc?

I feel comfortable that no damage has been caused, but am just worried that I never actually received or agreed to the check-in report.

I would greatly appreciate your comments and thoughts on this

Thanks,
    S.
    You should either have been present at the check-in, or been given a copy of the detailed inventory very shortly afterwards to read, check and agree by signing it, that you were happy with it.

If LL has not done this, he does not have a leg to stand on if there is any dispute over damages at a later stage, i.e. when you leave.

Presumably your deposit is in a scheme, so if LL does not agree to return your deposit in full, contest this through the scheme arbitration service.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      You should either have been present at the check-in, or been given a copy of the detailed inventory very shortly afterwards to read, check and agree by signing it, that you were happy with it.

If LL has not done this, he does not have a leg to stand on if there is any dispute over damages at a later stage, i.e. when you leave.

Presumably your deposit is in a scheme, so if LL does not agree to return your deposit in full, contest this through the scheme arbitration service.
      Thanks Mind the Gap! I remember the check in clerk was there finishing up when we arrived to move in, but we were certainly not part of the process in any way.

The clerk also mentioned something about us receiving a report but we never received it. My wife even asked the LL for it once, but again it was never provided.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
        MrShed
        I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
        20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
      • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
        jpkeates
        We can trade with anyone.
        What matters is the terms we trade on.

Currently we're beyond screwed.
        I wanted more for my children than being a pale version of a comic relief video....
        20-07-2017, 20:31 PM
        JK0
        Happy days! We can trade with the EU after Brexit then!...
        20-07-2017, 20:24 PM
        jpkeates
        That's two questions.

First, no.
        Second, no.

The EU trades with China on the basis that no personal data is migrated, same as the USA....
        20-07-2017, 20:23 PM
        JK0
        20-07-2017, 20:17 PM
        JK0
        So the EU requires anyone it trades with at the moment to comply with all the laws the EU complies with? Erm, doesn't most stuff come from China nowadays?...
        20-07-2017, 20:16 PM
      • RGI and housing benefit
        cdbe
        Hi, new to the forum and relatively new to letting. My situation is:

Couple view house, like it etc, seem OK to me. She's full time employed, he's currently unemployed but looking to start his own business as a tattoo artist. Still ok-ish. They pay me £100 holding deposit and £100 referencing...
        18-07-2017, 00:08 AM
      • Reply to RGI and housing benefit
        cdbe
        Thanks. I've binned them off. The ref co said what she earns won't cover it. TBH I don't know why I tried. I've offered her the holding deposit in full plus whatever I get back from uklandlord referencing.co (I paid them £140 - 110 for one reference and 1 year RGI and 30 for second reference, so basically...
        20-07-2017, 19:48 PM
      • Resident Landlord tenancy
        Rocky1001
        Hi all, need some advice please.

I'm in the process of letting my flat out but am struggling to work out exactly what type of tenancy I should be using, from my research I believe it should be a form of Excluded resident landlord tenancy but I can't seem to find a suitable template as...
        10-07-2017, 12:55 PM
      • Reply to Resident Landlord tenancy
        Rocky1001
        Hi, thanks for that, so would it make a difference if I offer shared use of the main bathroom and not just limit the tenant to their en-suite in their self contained section?
        Also can I ask recommendation regarding best way of handling council tax?

I assume their are existing templates...
        20-07-2017, 17:40 PM
      Working...
      X