Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justaboutsane
    replied
    Original Inventory was not signed, LL has nothing to stand on.

Leave a comment:

• amyace
    replied
    Hiya,

Thanks for this advice. Much appreciated.

Yes, I have an e-mail from the letting agent to the LL (ccing me) saying he recommends full refund.

I'll get together as much documentation as possible to support our case.

Many thanks,

Amy

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by amyace View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate your views and suggestions on the following;
    • Facts

• £2625 with mydeposits (6 weeks rent +25%)
    • Original inventory not signed by tenants
    • Inventory company no record of doing inventory
    • Moved out of property on 7/02/09, handed keys back and Letting Agent did check out inventory
    • Letting agent recommended 100% deposit refund

• 3 weeks later, landlord instructs additional checkout inventory to be carried out by Inventory company
    • Inventory company contradicts Letting Agent inventory and is based on incorrect original inventory
    • Estimated "damages" of approx full deposit e.g. 70% cost of replacement hall carpet (approx 10 years old!!) for slight burn mark.... 50% cost new mattress for slight stain

Questions
    • As we were not in the property for the 3 weeks between the two inventories does the final inventory stand up?
      - Surely so called damaged cannot be proved to be caused by us? They based checkout on wrong inventory and we never signed original. Also, we got the place professionally cleaned and three weeks lapsed since clean - of course it would be dusty and garden would have grown!
    • I've opened a dispute with mydeposits. What laws can I quote to defend our side?

Amy
    You do not really need to quote particular laws to the tenancy deposit disputes service - they will know them all anyway!

Just tell them everything you have told us here, make sure your paperwork is order and the chances are you will get most, if not all, of your deposit back.

Sounds as if your LL is trying to pull a fast one here - the adjudicator will not be impressed with the lack of check-in inventory, three week delay, discrepancy between LA's checkout and LL's..etc.

Have you anything written down from LA to prove they said the checkout was OK? Could they supply you with this?

Leave a comment:

• amyace
    started a topic Second inventory inflates deductions from deposit

Second inventory inflates deductions from deposit

Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate your views and suggestions on the following;
    • Facts

• £2625 with mydeposits (6 weeks rent +25%)
    • Original inventory not signed by tenants
    • Inventory company no record of doing inventory
    • Moved out of property on 7/02/09, handed keys back and Letting Agent did check out inventory
    • Letting agent recommended 100% deposit refund

• 3 weeks later, landlord instructs additional checkout inventory to be carried out by Inventory company
    • Inventory company contradicts Letting Agent inventory and is based on incorrect original inventory
    • Estimated "damages" of approx full deposit e.g. 70% cost of replacement hall carpet (approx 10 years old!!) for slight burn mark.... 50% cost new mattress for slight stain

Questions
    • As we were not in the property for the 3 weeks between the two inventories does the final inventory stand up?
      - Surely so called damages cannot be proved to be caused by us? They based checkout on wrong inventory and we never signed original. Also, we got the place professionally cleaned and three weeks lapsed since clean - of course it would be dusty and garden would have grown!
    • I've opened a dispute with mydeposits. What laws can I quote to defend our side?

We were excellent tenants, kept the place so clean and paid rent on time every month. We left the place in an excellent condition (better than when we moved in and Letting Agent agrees)

Many thanks for taking time out to help me on this.

Amy

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X