Section 21?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21?

Hi I've been keeping an eye on this forum for the last couple of weeks, I've noticed a few people talking about section 21. Obviously it's some kind of eviction notice, but can anyone explain it to me - how does it work etc. I've also heard of a section8? What's that?
    Thanks in advance.
    Mark

Section 21 -Notice requiring Possession of an AST

Full information on this link.......

Section 21 "Notice requiring Possession of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy

A section 8 Notice deals with possession on various grounds e.g Rent Arrears"

Section 8 Notices

If a Landlord opts for Section 21 procedures he can apply to County Court for an accelerated possession order but can only claim rent arrears by making a separate claim to the small claims court.

The section 8 procedures will enable both a possession order and an order for payment of rent arrears. The tenant may however pay up the arrears before the hearing and the possession order may not be granted.

Please read the authoratative notes and not my short precis!!!!
    Vic - wicked landlord
    Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
    Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X