Lost T/Agreement. Serving S.8...advice required please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost T/Agreement. Serving S.8...advice required please!

Hello.
    I have a tenant who has constantly been late in paying his rent. He is now also 2 months in arrears. I am unable to access my property as he changed the locks 2 years ago and refuses to pass on a set of keys. All this considered I believe a S.8 is the way forward.

Problem is....I cannot locate the Tenancy Agreement. I had passed it onto my solicitor for conveyencing purposes as I had the property on the market last year and he cannot seem to find a record of it. I initially went thru a letting agent so the agreement was processed by them. I parted company with the agent after a few months and took over managing the property myself. I have left a message with the agent to see if he has a record as it was done in April 2006.

Will I have a massive problem with the S. 8 if I cannot produce the agreement?? All I have signed by the tenant in my posession is the deposit agreement.

I am furious with myself for not taking a copy of the agreement before handing it over to the solicitor, but I hadn't imagined that they might loose track of it!

Advise welcomed.

Meant to say it's an AST which is now periodic.
    Thanks.
    RR

Comment

Please, can anybody help? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Road Runner View Post
        Hello.
        I have a tenant who has constantly been late in paying his rent. He is now also 2 months in arrears. I am unable to access my property as he changed the locks 2 years ago and refuses to pass on a set of keys. All this considered I believe a S.8 is the way forward.

Problem is....I cannot locate the Tenancy Agreement. I had passed it onto my solicitor for conveyencing purposes as I had the property on the market last year and he cannot seem to find a record of it. I initially went thru a letting agent so the agreement was processed by them. I parted company with the agent after a few months and took over managing the property myself. I have left a message with the agent to see if he has a record as it was done in April 2006.

Will I have a massive problem with the S. 8 if I cannot produce the agreement?? All I have signed by the tenant in my posession is the deposit agreement.

I am furious with myself for not taking a copy of the agreement before handing it over to the solicitor, but I hadn't imagined that they might loose track of it!

Advise welcomed.
        Section 8 is provision of housing act and would apply to all periodic AST tenancies. You don't necessarily need a copy of your tenancy agreement to go ahead with the section 8 eviction procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by SALL View Post
          Section 8 is provision of housing act and would apply to all periodic AST tenancies. You don't necessarily need a copy of your tenancy agreement to go ahead with the section 8 eviction procedures.
          Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. So that's me then a periodic AST. I will serve the notice straight away then as it is all done and ready. Thank you again.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X