X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=mind the gap;121530]
    Originally posted by newbie2009 View Post

2) i received an empty envelope

2 - Why on earth would any court believe that?
    Ermmmm, I've sent empty envelopes through the post by mistake after forgotting to put the letter/cheque inside (look, it was late, I had a lot on my mind, I'd misplaced my glasses, I'd had my leg bitten off by a crocodile....)

Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

[QUOTE=agent46;121533]
      Originally posted by mind the gap View Post

Ermmmm, I've sent empty envelopes through the post by mistake after forgotting to put the letter/cheque inside (look, it was late, I had a lot on my mind, I'd misplaced my glasses, I'd had my leg bitten off by a crocodile....)

Well, I never have, even after dranking too much...

(And I've never forgotten how to conjugate the verb ''to forget' either!)
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post

(And I've never forgotten how to conjugate the verb ''to forget' either!)
        But, on the other hand, you have clearly forgetted how to use the "quote" function (you somehow quote-attibuted my post to yourself).

BTW: the misconjugation(is there such a word?) was, as always with my posts, caused by a rejig of a sentence which was not followed through in a sufficiently rigorous manner, rather than a propensity towards poor grammar.
        Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
          BTW: the misconjugation(is there such a word) was, as always with my posts, caused by a rejig of a sentence which was not followed through in a sufficiently rigorous manner rather than a propensity for poor grammar.
          'No crack in a fortress may ever be accounted small...' (Danforth, The Crucible).

It's that old poor gramma again.

Granny

Through every nook and every cranny
          The wind blew in on poor old Granny
          Around her knees, into each ear
          (And up nose as well, I fear)

All through the night the wind grew worse
          It nearly made the vicar curse
          The top had fallen off the steeple
          Just missing him (and other people)

It blew on man, it blew on beast
          It blew on nun, it blew on priest
          It blew the wig off Auntie Fanny-
          But most of all, it blew on Granny!

Spike Milligan
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X