L abroad- notify Council etc. of address for service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L abroad- notify Council etc. of address for service?

The reason one of my houses has got into such a state, is for a number of reasons, the agent hasn't communicated with me (useless), the tenant has been to the council, the council is forcing me to do works and has actually already done some, because they wrote to my old address.

What i need to know is how do i give them my new address?

So that anyone in the UK, police, council anyone, when they look me up, they find the proper address instead of some house i lived at a long time ago?

I there some website or government body i should speak to?
    brgds
    Alex

Surely your LA was able to forward communications on to you. You must give an E & W address if you are an absent LL. Accountant? Relative?
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

query whether the agents received the notices and failed to send them on - if so you may have a claim against them
      PAUL GIBBS, solicitor, Jacobs & Reeves. My comments on this forum are correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. No responsibility or liability is accepted by reason of reliance upon such comments. This disclaimer would not apply to direct clients of Jacobs & Reeves where there is a valid retainer in place and I would be happy to confirm any advice if formally instructed. . Jacobs & Reeves now offer a fixed fee possession service.

Comment

Thank you.
        My question is though, for the future, how do i change the address?

If the council/police/tax office etc need to contact me?

Comment

I would contact the Land Registry and update your correspondance details with them so that anyone doing a Land Registry search on the property will have your correct details.

Comment

Originally posted by settloe_99 View Post
            I would contact the Land Registry and update your correspondance details with them so that anyone doing a Land Registry search on the property will have your correct details.
            AND serve on T the Notice under s.48 of LTA 1987.
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Have spoken to the Land Registry, many thanks everyone.
              brgds
              A

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X