outstanding bills too!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outstanding bills too!!!

I forgot to add the tenants also left with owing utility bills. I dont believe there is a reputable letting agency out there!! they are only interested in their comission each month, I would never use one again!!

Example of a good agent: Just under four months ago, one of my agents found me new tenants on a find a tenant only basis. They didn't ask me to sign an agreement so I assumed that the one I had signed previously in which the tenancy renewal clause had been deleted would apply. Last week I received a letter from them asking whether I would like to renew the tenancy and the charge for doing so. "Oh dear, here we go" I thought. I replied appropriately, thanking them for also reminding me that my Corgi Certificate was about to expire (Corgi man already alerted). They reacted to this immediately by sending me another letter. "Oh dear, here we really do go." I thought. I opened the letter which in fact I found to be a polite acknowledgement of my prompt response, thanking me for my business and confirming that they would be happy to act in the same capacity again. They will!

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• NTQ during fixed term?
      vpltd
      Hi,
      Can a LL issue a valid NTQ during the six-month fixed term of an AST agreement?
      (A residential let in England.)
      VPL.
      11-08-2017, 14:53 PM
    • Reply to NTQ during fixed term?
      jpkeates
      Notice to quit is pretty well defined, "surrender" is not, so while that list looks complete, it is in fact not.

For a tenant to surrender a tenancy, there should be an offer of surrender and the landlord has to accept that offer.

If s21 notice is served and a tenant...
      21-08-2017, 09:50 AM
    • End of student tenancy
      mkgirl
      Hi

my Daughter shared a house last year with 4 strangers as she didn't get in to halls. It's been a bit of a nightmare as the 2 lads were very disrespectful with regards to cleanliness, having people over and paying towards bills. She came home a lot and i may came home for the summer as...
      20-08-2017, 17:29 PM
    • Reply to End of student tenancy
      jpkeates
      There's only (legally) one tenant in a joint tenancy ("who" is made up of the five occupants all of whom are liable for all of the obligations of the tenant), so yes, the badly maintaining students will be subsidised by the better behaved students.

The "Lead Tenant"...
      21-08-2017, 09:17 AM
    • Tenants reporting damp issues in flat
      james99
      Hi,

I rent out a modern / purpose built ground floor flat which I've owned for c15 years and lived in it myself up until the last few years when I have rented it out. Never had any issues with damp when I was living there or with past tenants, however, the current tenants have reported...
      16-08-2017, 16:53 PM
    • Reply to Tenants reporting damp issues in flat
      leaseholder64
      Most head leases for flats forbid drying within the grounds but outside the flat, so requiring drying outside the property means an extended dry in the laundrette, so you if you want to impose such a rule, you should probably ban washing machines as well.

(Where I live, a common breach...
      21-08-2017, 09:16 AM
    • Reply to NTQ during fixed term?
      jjlandlord
      The Act clearly states what a s.21 notice does, which is nothing apart from allowing the landlord to go to court.

I have just done so.

If a s.21 does nothing then the tenant may only end the tenancy by surrender or notice to quit. Both of which are very well documented...
      21-08-2017, 09:08 AM
    • Reply to End of student tenancy
      mkgirl
      Sadly all on one joint tenancy. We've learnt the hard way never to do this again! To be fair the lead tenant process was never explained, they just said someone had to be lead tenant!...
      21-08-2017, 09:05 AM
    • Can Mrs T change locks?
      Berlingogirl
      Mr and Mrs T are splitting up. Mrs T is looking for a new place before giving notice to LL. Mrs T is going to give notice to LL then move immediately to new place. Mr T has mental health issues and verbally intimidates and bullies Mrs T so she needs to get out before he can start on her.

19-08-2017, 07:32 AM
    • Reply to Can Mrs T change locks?
      jjlandlord
      She won't end up paying more rent than she is now and it is up to her to end the tenancy....
      21-08-2017, 08:58 AM
    Working...
    X