Persistent late rent: what rights does L have?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistent late rent: what rights does L have?

I have a tenant who is consistently late paying her rent - she does pay but this can sometimes go to almost 2 months in arrears before she pays. The last time she did it I drove 100 miles to discuss the matter with her and she gave me over a grand in cash there and then, why didnt she just pay it in the bank?

By law can I charge her interest/charges for the amounts in arrears and if so how much? Also can I back date this?

Originally posted by Jo124 View Post
    I have a tenant who is consistently late paying her rent - she does pay but this can sometimes go to almost 2 months in arrears before she pays. The last time she did it I drove 100 miles to discuss the matter with her and she gave me over a grand in cash there and then, why didnt she just pay it in the bank?

By law can I charge her interest/charges for the amounts in arrears and if so how much? Also can I back date this?
    What does the tenancy agreement say about charges for late payments?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Wish I could lay my hand on a grand just like that
      The comments posted above are my opinion only and as such are no substitute for proper legal or professional advice.

Cath

Comment

A grand in cash?? There weren't some odd plants in the back bedroom were there? or small packets of flour lying around......
        Mrs Jones
        I am not an expert - my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as fact!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X