Can I put a wedge under my flat door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree totally with what others have said about your need to insist on LL fixing your hot water supply. He is breaking the law and abusing your goodwill. Do not worry about him trying to evict you because you make a fuss about the hot water - he is not allowed to do that.

And if you think about it, who would he get to move into a flat with no hot water? Nobody!

You are the most long-suffering tenant I have ever come across - but don't put up with it any longer!

Come back to the forum, or send me a private message if you want help writing a letter to your landlord to insist he sorts this out.

People on this forum are more than happy to help.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I'm not sure if it applies to flats in your situation but the Police do provide free door chains and other security measures for free to most who ask, providing you have permission to install it in a rented flat.
      As to the lack of hot water, this is a breach of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 Section 11 -
      to keep in repair and proper working order the installations for space heating and water heating
      It is a really serious matter.
      Definitely write to him asap then it is recorded.
      Remember he can not evict you without notice and going through the correct channels which mean giving a proper reason not just because you requested something required by law!
      Keep smiling

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X