help please

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    help please

    we are a family 2 adults 2 children my partner elaine is on long term disability benefit and on high rate everything under the sun. we currently live in Cumbria but we need to move south where its a bit warmer as its affecting elaines health , we currently live in a semi rural home and would like the same where ever we move if possible. we are flexible to move anywhere . im currently claiming benefit as elaines full time carer as well. I dont wish to be on benefit as long as i need to be as im an HGV driver and work up here dried up and i was made redundant so at this time it made sense for me to claim and become a carer for elaine. So please understand any claim for benefit would be short term . We are hoping to move asap and are looking for a long term let (years).
    If anyone can help i would be very grateful for any reply or advice

    Hi there,

    I'm sorry I cannot help you with accommodation, since I too live in the frozen North of England! However, there is an oversupply of rental property on the market at present in many places, so it may well be worth your while contacting letting agents in the towns you are thinking about re-locating to; there are landlords willing to rent to families on benefits especially if you have a reference from your previous one. Or the housing officer at the council may have lists of LLs to contact.

    Good luck.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations


    Latest Activity