walls repainted, can I charge tenants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klee
    started a topic walls repainted, can I charge tenants?

walls repainted, can I charge tenants?

The tenants have left my flat in a grubby condition, there are dirty marks all over the walls which were not there on entry as it was freshly painted. Can I charge them to have the walls re-painted?

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Overseas Landlords
    by Santa Fe
    Boletus, thank you.
    17-09-2021, 18:37 PM
  • Overseas Landlords
    by Santa Fe
    I'm from UK but live overseas and recently discovered that I should be registered as an overseas landlord. I've done a bit of research on what it involves and it seems a bit of a headache - tenants have to fill out forms and pay tax from their rent direct to HMRC. If anyone here is registered as an...
    16-09-2021, 16:44 PM
  • Reply to Electrical Wiring Query
    by FindaLot
    Currys CFSEWH17. This model requires a 4mm cable minimum. There is no PAT test label. The LL was asked through the LA if they wanted to carry out a PAT, but after two times of asking, the answer was returned that no, they did not.
    17-09-2021, 18:14 PM
  • Electrical Wiring Query
    by FindaLot
    If an appliance has been wired in a wholly unsuitable manner that has been deemed "unsafe", thus making it a potential safety hazard, what particular regulations would be applicable? There appears to be some overlap here, such as the General Product Safety Regs, Electrical Equipment Safety...
    16-09-2021, 19:42 PM
    by Neelix
    just give the forum the make and model…

you could be saying I need to fuel my car but won’t say if it’s EV, petrol, diesel or hydrogen!

and if this is a rental has it got a current PAT test label?...
    17-09-2021, 15:58 PM
    by FindaLot
    It’s not a moulded plug, no.

I do not require any further advice on the technicalities of the wiring. The information I have been provided by by trusted parties is satisfactory.

What I am trying to ascertain is the regulations that would be applicable in this instance. Do...
    17-09-2021, 15:54 PM
    by Neelix
    make and model of oven?

or is your goal to get dubious advice off the internet to try and bash your LL over the head with

and is this a moulded plug?...
    17-09-2021, 15:18 PM
    by FindaLot
    For what reason?

It’s definitely 1mm. The opinions of four different parties have all concurred that it is unsafe. It is the incorrect cable. This has also been confirmed....
    17-09-2021, 15:02 PM
  • Reply to Annex
    by Neelix
    So you go on holiday and your home is securely locked.

a circuit in the annex trips ….

what then?
    17-09-2021, 14:41 PM
  • Annex
    by Lammas13
    I have a self contained annex, it has kitchen, shower, toilet and own entrance from the alleyway.
    when we bought our house it was already there. It was build with proper planning permission.
    How do I go about renting it out. Washing machine would have to be shares in the main house. ...
    15-09-2021, 17:44 PM
Working...
X