X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than one offer allowed??

Okay,

Basically, short & quick question...

Are we allowed to make offers on two different properties, at the same time, and then choose which one we want afterwards when offers have been considered??

If it changes anything..there have been other offers made on the said properties, by other potential tenants.

Help?

Originally posted by 120 View Post
    Are we allowed to make offers on two different properties, at the same time, and then choose which one we want afterwards when offers have been considered??

If it changes anything..there have been other offers made on the said properties, by other potential tenants.
    Yes, you are allowed. You are not bound by any 'subject to contract' offer unless and until you- er- enter into a contract.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Help re flatsharing legal position!
      CatherineCarr
      Hello, I moved into a friend's flat when she moved out of London last year. It was agreed that I would pay market rate, would not need to pay a deposit, be able to bring various items into the flat, work from home, have a certain amount of storage etc.etc. I was also to share with my friend's then...
      24-07-2017, 13:18 PM
    • Reply to Help re flatsharing legal position!
      CatherineCarr
      Many thanks. It is only a verbal agreement (like so many flatsharing agreements are) with two months notice either way and that I would be given certain storage (some of which the Hungarian has nabbed), that I would be able to work from home, get a cleaner and bring items into the flat ie television...
      24-07-2017, 13:56 PM
    • Reply to Help re flatsharing legal position!
      MrShed
      The only thing that matters is your contract. What contract do YOU have (not what Emma has signed with someone else)?
      24-07-2017, 13:43 PM
    • Non- protected deposit, and disputes
      Stybdmy
      Q1 – Where is the rented property located? England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this? Multiple tenants (a couple) - one tenancy agreement

Q3 – What date did current TA start 01/11/2016

Q4 – How long was initial fixed term 6 months
      24-07-2017, 12:25 PM
    • Reply to Non- protected deposit, and disputes
      MrShed
      Unfortunately (I know its not going to be what you want to hear), I suggest you will have to chalk this one up to experience. Without an inventory you are up the proverbial without a paddle I'm afraid. In the grand scheme of things the damage you have described is very slight (bar perhaps the carpet)...
      24-07-2017, 13:04 PM
    • Landlord: When will I get a bailiff date?
      mlsmith
      I'm so sorry if this has been asked before, but for some reason I am unable to search the forum as it's not bringing up any results.

I know the eviction date will vary depending how busy the local courts are. My local court has indicated 6-8 weeks.

My solicitor submitted a...
      24-07-2017, 12:04 PM
    • Tenant's energy debt.
      Gordonmrln
      I am a landlord of a 2 bed end terrace, the property is owned out right. I am registered Disabled and this was the main reason I decided to rent my property out. As it was not a suitable property for my Disability. I would have to make some major changes that would devalue my property like installing...
      20-07-2017, 22:08 PM
    • Reply to Tenant's energy debt.
      jpkeates
      The deemed contract is with the owner or occupier and commences when gas is supplied.

There's no obvious hierarchy of owner/occupier and, while there are references elsewhere to the owner being liable for things when the property is unoccupied, that isn't reflected in the deemed contract...
      24-07-2017, 11:47 AM
      MrShed
      Poster - I dont think theres anywhere to "go from here" until you get the letters sent off to the debt collection agency and to EON in line with my post somewhere above - as you arent the executor simply remove that part. But fundamentally they still need to know about your wifes passing and...
      24-07-2017, 11:28 AM
      MrShed
      JPK - it doesnt matter what the incentive is or was, the deemed contract is with the occupier, not the owner - unless there is no occupier. As such, if it can be demonstrated that someone else was living in the property the debt is with them, regardless of what EON may like....
      24-07-2017, 11:25 AM
    Working...
    X