X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbarnes1
    replied
    Originally posted by Izzycam View Post
    Out of interest , how do you word your no appliances provided in your contract.
    Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the inventory cover this, also the gas/electric certificate will list plliances tested, won't it?

Leave a comment:

• Izzycam
    replied
    Out of interest , how do you word your no appliances provided in your contract.

Leave a comment:

• Rodent1
    replied
    If prop is let with NO app, then cert will cover existing upon occupation.
    Any addition by T on oc is down to them to ensure is fitted correctly and safely.

Upon renewal any further cost for app testing CAN be apportion to T with agreement with them, but if 12 mths later i think churlish of LL not to offer to cover cost .....if long term T !(?)

The Rodent

Leave a comment:

• bbarnes1
    replied
    Originally posted by bunny View Post
    I would say it is fairly irregular for a tenant to supply their own gas cooker, hob etc. However, I have a tenant who supplied their own. They should have it installed by a suitably qualified person. The landlord is only liable as I understand it for the fixed pipework so this should be checked but the tenant is responsible for the safety of the gas appliance and its installation.

The gas safety cert completed by the engineer asks the question whether it is owned by the landlord or not so I pointed out to my corgi guy that is isn't owned by the landlord beforehand and it is noted on the cert as such. However I did ask him to test it (with tenants permission) as he does not charge for additional appliances and I'd rather be safe than sorry. The cost point was actually irrelevant to me.
    Ok thanks but the appliance is not yet in the property, as the property is empty which I think is what you have understood, the reason I am asking this question is because when I rang a company to get a gas test I slipped in the question of who is responsible if the tenant adds an aplliance off their own back and was told that it is my responsibility.
    But i might not even know that this appliance has been added, ok I know that i could make it part of the agreemen that they need permission to add anything but i can't enforce what I don't know and also I am happy for them to bring in this appliance but i need to know where i stand.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Preston
    replied
    Originally posted by bunny View Post
    I would say it is fairly irregular for a tenant to supply their own gas cooker, hob etc. However, I have a tenant who supplied their own. They should have it installed by a suitably qualified person. The landlord is only liable as I understand it for the fixed pipework so this should be checked but the tenant is responsible for the safety of the gas appliance and its installation.

The gas safety cert completed by the engineer asks the question whether it is owned by the landlord or not so I pointed out to my corgi guy that is isn't owned by the landlord beforehand and it is noted on the cert as such. However I did ask him to test it (with tenants permission) as he does not charge for additional appliances and I'd rather be safe than sorry. The cost point was actually irrelevant to me.
    Hi

I agree, particularly the highlighted bit. You need to be careful, if any additional pipework is installed along with the tenant's appliance then you need a new certificate.

Look here for a copy of the relevant regs:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1998/19982451.htm

Preston

Leave a comment:

• bunny
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bel
    replied
    If the gas cooker belongs to the T; the LL is not under obligation to have it tested along with the central heating with the yearly certificate, although you could write it into agreement that they do have it checked and pay for that part themselves.

Leave a comment:

• bbarnes1
    replied
    Originally posted by Poppy View Post
    What's the reason for not supplying a cooker for the let property?
    Great useful reply,
    but as it happens the property has never had a cooker and my would be tenants already have one that they don't want to part with so who am i to dictate.

Leave a comment:

• Cathroc
    replied
    Good question - one that I shall watch with interest as I am in a similar position to you (without the waiting tenant). Technically you will need a new gas certificate, so it comes down to 'who pays'?

Leave a comment:

• Poppy
    replied
    What's the reason for not supplying a cooker for the let property?

Leave a comment:

• bbarnes1
    started a topic Gas/electric

Gas/electric

My property is empty at the moment and i am refurbing, i have a tenant waiting to move in but before he does i need to have gas, electric etc checked, how do i stand if all the checks are ok, i get the certificates then the tenant moves in and fits a cooker to the electrics with a gas hob, do i need to get another test done or is the tenant responsible?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X