Overseas students

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas students

Is it pointless in trying to get a guarantor for an overseas student?

Only if the guarantor lives overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
      Only if the guarantor lives overseas.
      Many overseas students either have a UK guarantor, or expect to have to pay the full rent up front. It seems a lot to ask, but their parents/ government in their own country are often paying up to £30000 to send them here anyway, so an extra £3000-5000 for rent is often factored in.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Yep i require mine to pay 50% upfront then a final 50%. some want to pay the full rent in advance.

This is the way to go, expecially as they get the money in advance too.

Comment

Originally posted by LandlordLee View Post
          Yep i require mine to pay 50% upfront then a final 50%. some want to pay the full rent in advance.

This is the way to go, expecially as they get the money in advance too.
          But take care too. 'Money in advance' is also the way in which 'cannabis-factory' tenancyholders minimise contact with landlord.
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
            But take care too. 'Money in advance' is also the way in which 'cannabis-factory' tenancyholders minimise contact with landlord.
            ...and giant pandas, Jeffrey, I think we decided.
            'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
              ...and giant pandas, Jeffrey, I think we decided.
              Oh, dear, she's having the Giant Panda visions again. Nurse!
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Oh, dear, she's having the Giant Panda visions again. Nurse!
                I used to have visions of nicer things until I joined this forum...higher class visions.

Comment

I used to have visions of nicer things until I joined this forum...higher class visions.
                  Pandas are OK but crossing the road is easier with a pelican. Or a zebra. [Insert underwear joke here]

Comment

Pandas are OK but crossing the road is easier with a pelican. Or a zebra. [Insert underwear joke here]
                    I don't know which are worse, your gross, adult jokes or your infantile ones.

Underwear joke? Is it the one about opening a door in ones underpants? You've told us that before.

Comment

I don't know which are worse, your gross, adult jokes or your infantile ones.

Underwear joke? Is it the one about opening a door in ones underpants? You've told us that before.
                      No, it derived from ze-bra. Subtle, eh?
                      A gross of jokes, lady? Sorry, we cannot offer discounts on such valuable material.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X